Saturn seats?

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by Predracer, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Predracer

Predracer Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Long bed 80 2rz turbo machine
    Someone fill me in on the saturn or civic bucket seats please. Are they a direct bolt up or is there some modifying required? Thanks in advance for the help.

2. rwmagee90

rwmagee90 Enthusiast

Truck:
    1989 STD. Cab (base)
    when i got my truck it had civic buckets in 92-95 era i believe. They bolted right up to 3 holes and the seat belt bolts to the side of the seat. I found them to be rather uncomfortable and switched them out to some 4 runner buckets. And there is a way to bolt the seat belts to the 4runner seats as well. Not sure if it is as safe as welding a nut in like others have done. For my it merely to keep johnny law at bay rather than the whole seat belt for safety thing. anyway no more rambling. when i got my 4runner seats i took the side plastic off and there is 2 10mm bolts on the side that hold the seat to the brackets. i simply removed the rear bolt and bolted the seat belt to that. if you strip that rubber-plastic cover off the seat beat the plastic will snap right back on. looks pretty good. just not sure how "safe" it actually is though.

btw i have an 89 model standard cab so YMMV.