Rims for pickups . . .

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by lownloud, Nov 22, 2007.

1. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1987 Toyota 2wd JT4RN50 Airbagged custom
    Who has the best links for the best buys on rims :confused: . Also, whats the standard offset you would use without losing steering radius to much for 15 ? 16 ? 17 ? rims, and with what size tires. Ive seen some bad a - s rides out there, Help me out ! Please, send some links or pictures or what you did !

[​IMG]

( PS - these tires are no longer on my ride )

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619563

:cool:

2. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Anyone with advice

Ive decided on 17 " wheels, I would like to know what ( + offset ) you have used or would recommend . . . Ive heard/seen ( 42 ), my truck has belltech 2" drop spindles & 3" drop blocks, anyone wanna weigh in :confused: Please throw in some pics if ya have em !

3. MTB68TOY

MTB68TOY Addict

Truck:
    93-2wd 2.5/3drop, 87-4wd22RTE, 06GTOls2, 08FJCruiserTT(Daily)
    I have run two sets of 17's
    first were american racing estrella rims... got em for free and they are nice...
    you can find new ones for pretty good price now and again on ebay

they were 17x7.5 with a 42mm offset I think (40-45)... little to much for me and I ran both 1.5" and 2" spacers/adapters this was too far out for a drop but I don't run one...
    the 42 is plenty for a drop maybe too much as the front rims were so far in they knocked off my grease fittings on my ball joints...

I am now running a set of reproduction 2001ish mustang cobra svt rims
    they are from a company called AFS... they are all over ebay...
    Anyway the stock cobra rims are 17x9 with a 26mm offset which is great for the rear and you can fit 275/40 tires on the back
    the 17x9 is too wide for the front tho... so thankfully AFS makes a custom 17x8 rim with a 12mm offset.... these work perfect up front...
    I think both front and rear are "set in" enough for a small drop and if you use the 17x8 all the way around you should have plenty of room in the rear...

you can see the rims in my avitar pic...

4. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    For all those wondering on wheels / sizing

For most of us wanting bigger / cooler wheels, deciding on wheels can be a nightmare if you have no clear idea on what to look for in sizing. Sometimes even the dealers have no clue. So with excellent advice from some people on here and on yotascene.com, I searched for what would work for me and this site helped alot, gives you the skinny on how to measure and compare the new rims to your old stock ones, or unproperly fitted rims. The key I found is to measure what you have and then decide what clearances you have to work with, only thing left is to figure for proper tire sizing ! total ride height helps a lil with that, but, the only thing left is considering what brand of tire to run @ what pressure and how does the height/width comparison affect your normal driving habits accordingly. I suggest reading alot and asking people that have similar rims on their rides or measuring as much as you need to BEFORE you buy !

Here's the link . . .

https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

L o w N l o u d

:)

5. cEElint

cEElint Enthusiast

Truck:
    '91 Yota STD
  6. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    k e w l

That'll look kewl as sh-t, I know your going to post pics ?! I think Ive seen similar rims, some gray/silver, some black and a few chrome, not exactly the same but similar !

L o w N l o u d

:D