Raised gas tank ????'s

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by ChOpPeD~N~DROPped, Jan 30, 2008.

1. ChOpPeD~N~DROPped

ChOpPeD~N~DROPped Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 Extended cab
    ok, I'm about to start bagging my truck finally and I need to raise my gas tank. What do I need to do to accomplish this? I don't wanna relocate it or anything, just raise it a few inches so it won't touch the ground. Thanks!

2. DietoRemain

DietoRemain Member

I believe its simple as modifying the cross member a little bit. not sure tho. i'll get some pics of mine in a few weeks here. ha.

3. Litneon

Litneon Super Moderator Staff Member

Truck:
    94 xtra cab
    When you notch the rear frame, you will need to rebuild the fuel tank support. The stock support is a 2" (roughly) tube that runs from one side to the other. You will need a piece of 1 3/4" tubing with a 45 degree bend in it to be able to re-weld the support in front of the notch.

[​IMG]

You can see the support in this pic. By doing this mod you will also make the drive shaft and pinion not hit the support. As far as how high you can lift it......

...I raised mine about 1"+/- definitely not enough to lay the frame without damaging the tank. Make sure you only tack it in place and test fit the bed to make sure you aren't too high.

4. skip

skip Enthusiast

Truck:
    1992 std cab, 1986 std cab
    I used the stock bar, i just cut it off around 10'' long and rewelded it up higher on the notch. and on the other side of the tank i used spacers and bolted it to the top of the cross member that runs under the cab