RADCHADTRINIDADS '92 DRIFT BUILD *pic heavy*

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Radchadtrinidad, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Radchadtrinidad

Radchadtrinidad Member

Truck:
    86 pickup
    hey guess! Just picked up another yota since I decapitated my 86 on a manhole cover
    [​IMG]

Picked her up for 250$ and a case of beer. It needs a new head gasket (hopefully) and new caliper/ rotors as these are siezed.
    [​IMG]

The plans for this are
    -Chevy v8 swap
    -slammed (possibly IRS)
    -to look ill
    -to compound fracture necks
    -4Runner front
    -full cage system, seats, harnesses, and hydro

Already got it apart and need help with the 4Runner front end.the rad core isn't suppose to line up with the 4wd grille correct? This is what is happening:
    [​IMG]
    LEFT TO RIGHT
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If anyone have pics of their grille inserted to their rad core that's all I need, same with the headlights bolted up

And here's the headlights, def going to have to fab up mounts I'm thinking
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  2. Radchadtrinidad

Radchadtrinidad Member

Truck:
    86 pickup
    Already welded the diff too. Wire wheeling the whole rear frame and floor pan and spraying POR-15 with a gun to prevent more rust. Nothing all the way through thankfully.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Got the two tigs, plasma, and soon another badass welder ready to get to work on this puppy
    [​IMG]

3. Radchadtrinidad

Radchadtrinidad Member

Truck:
    86 pickup
    Well, pulled the head off and what I expected, head gasket
    [​IMG]
    Pretty big blow, I had a smaller knock at higher Rpms, and I think 2nd was just slapping my valves from the lack of compression? Walls weren't Scratched or scored. Waiting on OEM gasket to get in

4. Blakesommers77

Blakesommers77 Member

Should be a sick build, what are your plans for the rear suspension setup?

-Blake

5. Radchadtrinidad

Radchadtrinidad Member

Truck:
    86 pickup
    Thanks man, right now I'm going with drop leafs, steel 3" blocks, clamps, and custom drop shackle as I did with my last Toyota because it was cheap and effective. I want to do an IRS swap from a 240sx. Frames are similar

6. Radchadtrinidad

Radchadtrinidad Member

Truck:
    86 pickup
    got the truck started awhile ago, runs great. started working on the 4runner front end and got my grille setup done. going to be cutting the support tomorrow and fitting headlights. control arms ship out of summit monday (hopefully), they're on backorder. i got calipers, rotors, pads, tie rods, and picking up bearings tomorrow for when i do the control arms and putting my 1" swaybar in. my brakes were seized so i thought from all the silt of the truck being on the beach mostly id just rebuild the front end.

What shocks should i go with up front? going for 6/7. im thinking about delco airs in the rear but idk what i should get for up front.

7. Blakesommers77

Blakesommers77 Member

Coil-overs :)