Pics of trac/panhard bar setup please

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by myles66, Jan 30, 2015.

1. myles66

myles66 Newbie

Truck:
    1990 toyota hilux 2x4
    hey guys, ive been thinking about installing a panhard bar on my rear leaf spring 90 pickup, just wanted to see if anybody has any pictures of an install, or if yall know of a good quality, fair priced unit? Just trying to get rid of some of the axle wrap and side to side movement, thanks.

2. 1lowSr5

1lowSr5 Addict

Truck:
    90' xtra cab Sr5, 2003 taco
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've never seen much side to side motion on a leaf setup, maybe a little axel wrap movement. But these are a few little pics of a setup. A panhard bar is very simple and cheap to make yourself. Can probably build one for about 40$ with parts from your local farm supply, I like tractor supply. They do sell kits for about 100$ all the way to as much money as you want to throw at it.

3. myles66

myles66 Newbie

Truck:
    1990 toyota hilux 2x4
    that looks really clean... is that your setup? mostly i just wanna eliminate some of the "floating feeling around fast fast turns. im sure a beefy sway bar and some poly bushings will help out alot too. id just like to see peoples DIY solutions for inspiration

4. Robert m

Robert m Addict

Truck:
    '94 single cab, 22re, 5spd
    A panhard bar wont really do a whole lot for you with leaf springs. If you're getting side to side axle movement, check all your bushings and Ubolts.
    If you want to get rid of wheel hop and axle wrap, look into a traction bar/ladder bar setup. Its basically a link bar setup that keeps the axle from trying to rotate.