Pick N Pull?

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by YOguyDA, May 7, 2016.

1. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    Every time I've gone, the pricing depends on the person at the window and whether they know car parts....

Some of them nickle and dime the S**t out of me on parts (because it has a cable, hose or wires attached to it, resembles a pricier part, etc)...C'mon!

So, my question is... If i pull an entire engine (1uz4me:), Do you think they would charge extra for the wiring harness, exhaust manifolds, etc...That i would leave attached to it?

I'm just trying to decide if i should use PnP for the nickle n dime crap and buy the engine from somewhere else, or try to score everything at once.

2. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Ask them before you get it? Personally I think I would just go find a sub $1000 Lexus for the 1uz and part out what you can. Acquaintance of mine did that twice to get 1uz.l and he came out even for he most part. For smog he needed all the exhaust up to the cat and he also used the Lexus gauges, so it made more sense to go that way just in case you need extra stuff off the donor.

3. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    You can buy a pulled motor with yhe harness and accessories for over a grand in LA. Its a good drive from you but some of those places ship

4. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    There's multiple sub $1500 running 1uz Lexus on Sacramento CL every time I look. Pull everything you need and part out what you dont, hopefully recouping as much as possible. Cut up body with a sawzall and haul it to the scrapper for about $300 - you get basically everything you need for just a few hundred bucks or free if you can manage it. Also might get some maintenance and vehicle history if you go this route. Can't even find a running Tacoma (for 2/3rz) for under $4k on CL, so 1uz is a no brained to me.

5. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    A running parts car makes the most sense...and ill probably go that route.
    I was just trying to avoid the parts car being in the front yard, since both of my side yards are too small to fit a vehicle through.

There is a habitat house being built across the street and I got a ticket for "parking on an unimproved surface"... 3 tires were in the grass, 1 on the driveway and this was way up by the house. If you go around the corner there are non op cars with flat tires parked on the street with no tickets on them, bs!

I'll just have to wait for this damn house to be over with.

6. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Find out what your zoning regulations are for a parked car. If you can lay down 1 brick for each wheel on the grass and be good do it. I have the same problem here, previous owners of this home decided to get rid of the concrete and lay down grass.

7. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    Yeah, I looked it up... Has to be "continuous" concrete or brick and mortar surface. I'm sure there are loop holes, but technically pavers wouldn't even pass.

When I got the ticket I was like wtf! First off someone trespassed to put the ticket on my windshield and it WAS dirt...its been improved with grass, lol.

Paul Hosier likes this.
  8. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Lol damn them. I still dont see what the problem is. Picky ass people

9. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    My theory is the habitat house being built across the street, and them wanting the neighborhood to look nice in the vicinity?... For the reveal, photos, possible news coverage, idk... The neighborhood is pretty ghetto. That's why I couldnt understand why I was ticketed when throughout the neighborhood everyother house has a car on the grass or a dusty, flat tired pos parked on the street.