once again....

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by GrantH, Mar 29, 2008.

1. GrantH

GrantH Addict

It's been running tits for the past couple weeks ever since i had a mechanic work on it. it ran perfectly fine once it got up to temp and all is well in the world.

Now, I put on my new wheels, take it for a drive yesterday with no problems AT ALL. This mroning I get in, go for a cruise around the neighborhood and it does cool goin one way then i hit the next street in 3rd gear and it jerks like a coke head goin through withdrawls. Now it won't crank. I thought it was gas, so went and got 10 bux worth and imagine that......that didnt fix it.

We tried to pop the clutch and it did nothing. it would crank it but bog down and die. it wouldnt stay running. fuel filter is new, tank was drained and coated and carb isnt the problem. wtf is the deal here??? did i **** the motor, tranny, rear, what could it be?

2. GrantH

GrantH Addict

i guess the guy didnt do his job fully. the filter was GROSS with caked up rust and dirty gas. guess i need to go have a talk with him.

3. ChOpPeD~N~DROPped

ChOpPeD~N~DROPped Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 Extended cab
    yea, i would definately let him know what was up. Just because some shops say they changed the fuel filter doesn't always mean they did. The fuel filter on a 22re is a pain in the ass to get to so theres a good chance he might not have changed it. I would take the filter to him and ask him to explain how a new filter would look the way you said it does. If that didn;t fix it then the next step I would take is the ignition. Plugs,wires, distributor cap, rotor button, and if all of that doesn't help then test the coil.

4. smctoy

smctoy Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 xcab...
    Another thing to do after you change the fuel filter is to get some fuel injector cleaner & add it to your gas. Sometimes a clogged injector will cause problems like your having. I add a bottle of gas treatment or injector cleaner to my tank every other month just to help!!