oh............ yesss!!

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by SD YOTA, Jan 10, 2010.

1. FOKAI

FOKAI Veteran

Truck:
    84 truck, 05 4Runner
    Beauty F-ing Full:bow:

2. SD YOTA

SD YOTA Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    so i was looking at how to make ease out of the screwy throttle linkage dilema trying to utilize my stock cable yet have a clean setup that actually worked. after looking at it for a while i came up with this cheap, easy and clean solution.

it looks a bit odd just placed on there but i will be making a better bracket for it to mount sturdier than it is now with just 1 screw holdingg it in place. but as it is i have full throttle and wont contact the valve cover either. the tackle is made from delrin for the wheel, rides on a slick pin to spin and the rest is made from stainless steel. :waytogo:

total cost of the part was $11.40 and found it at the local boat/marine shop. its just a line tackle used for small ropes that tie lines to other parts of a boat like sails and such.

[​IMG]
    Shot with X400,D580Z,C460Z at 2010-01-20

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. SD YOTA

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    also... just so you guys know ive decided to do a wire tuck, battery relocation, and total engine bay clean up since all the smog equipment will not be needed anymore. the master cylinder will also be coming out, and the wells will be getting reshaped and painted. tired of the engine bay looking like crud with such a nicely painted and detailed engine :evil:

electric fans and other small details are gonna be in the mix as well.

4. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    it makes the engine look better lol.

make sure everything works 100% fine before you have Toyota throttle problems. I want you safe bro! have fun

5. B.Y.E.

B.Y.E. Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1982 2wd Hilux
    pretty cool idea! :waytogo:

6. SD YOTA

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    yup. think i might do a slightly bigger wheel to try and aleviate some of the drastic bend on the cable but should be fine for the meantime......

7. KYNgsx

KYNgsx Enthusiast

Truck:
    89 2wd
    I got an idea that might possibly make things easier for you. You could change the pivot point where the cable attaches to the rod. It would be similar to how my throttle cable works (it pulls upwards instead of sidewards on the linkage). A picture explains it easier so get ready for some super fancy ms paint graphics. :p

[​IMG]

I got a bunch of other ideas too, but it would take a while to make all the pictures. :lol:

Another thing that made my life easier was using a longer EFI cable.

Your engine bay is already much cleaner than mine. It's really going to look awesome once you do all that other stuff. :waytogo:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  8. SD YOTA

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    yea...... that setup you posted there has very little room to work. the back of the motor runs real close to the firewall and with the linkage its pretty hard for it to reach that position and not get caught up somewhere back there.

the pully wheel actually lets me keep the cable in the stock location, not really having to anything at all really other than add a wheel to redirect the pulling action of the cable so it works.. :waytogo:

9. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    thats a good idea, i might use that when i get back to hooking up my weber sidedrafts..hopefuly that will be sooner than later..

10. SD YOTA

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    yea....... hope to have some time to tinker with it next weekend........ was out playing in the desert this weekend so the truck didnt get touched.

the cable action feels real smooth on the pedal when i went to move it so i know it'll work just fine. jut gotta brace the other side where the wheel kinda just hangs. other than that it should be solid!