No Start...

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by nboost, Oct 15, 2007.

1. nboost

nboost Member

i got a 91 2wd 22re and i was was getting all the crap off the inner fender well since i plan on lowering my truck more etc and am going to take the fender wells out. anyway, i un-plugged the connection to my ignitor pack on the coil and relocated it along with the coil to the center of my truck and didnt cut, splice, or do anything to the wires in that harness just pulled and rerouted them, and also took my p/s out completly....now it doesnt start...kinda wierd. i know there were 2 vacuum lines that ran to the p/s pump that i havent plugged yet...just wondering if that could be it? anyone have an idea that has removed fender wells etc and relocated all that crap under the hood? thanks

2. ChOpPeD~N~DROPped

ChOpPeD~N~DROPped Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 Extended cab
    The vacuum hose that went to the power steering pump needs to be plugged, I know I pulled mine off last night on accident and it immediately started idling like crap. But, is your coil still shooting a blue streak of fire out of the wire in the middle of the distributor cap? if it's shooting yellow fire then it's no good.

3. nboost

nboost Member

Okay ill plug it. i was just curious what that little valve was that screwed into the p/s pump..it actually had a vacuum line coming from another valve by the intake and then a line from the intake itself...ill give the coil test a shot too. thanks a lot for the reply

4. trap

trap Addict

Truck:
    92 pickup
    the stock coil and igniter ground through the bracket they come mounted to. Make sure you bolt it back down to metal or you wont have a running motor. As long as you keep that grounded and of course everything else connected I cant think of anything else that would do that.

5. nboost

nboost Member

Trap, after backtracking everything i did to move the coil to a different location, that was exactly it. its too bad i didnt read ur post sooner! i had to try and trouble shoot myself. who would of thought that little ground HAD to be connected to the coil and assembly......killed me. i was going to post on here what resolved the probem, but no need to now! lol. you da man! now if i can find another location for my coil....prolly help if i built my own intake to get rid of that huge box....thanks a lot