NO Power

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by arl33323, Sep 11, 2013.

1. arl33323

arl33323 Enthusiast

Truck:
    84 22r
    So yesterday on my way home I was making a right turn in an intersection and my head, tail and interior lights went out and my radio, for a second. But my truck continued to run. Today going to work I went around a right hand curve and it did the same thing. Turning into my jobs parking lot making a right turn it completely died. No power! No interior, radio, head or tail lights, cant even turn on the hazard lights. Turn the key no click or anything.

I think I may have a short. Upon a quick inspection i didnt not see any melting or burned cables. I did however noticed a frequency feedback from the radio last night.

HELP :eek::brickknock:

2. Xs5875

Xs5875 Addict

Truck:
    1994 Standard cab 22re 5 spd
    Since the battery is on the right side...it slid to the left when you turned and probably pulled out or became slightly diconnected from terminal of the fuse box. Check that large gauge wire that leaves your battery and goes into the master fuse box on the passenger side fender well....usually a white wire...it has a tendency to come loose inside that fuse box...just happened to a friends truck about 3 weeks ago..

3. arl33323

arl33323 Enthusiast

Truck:
    84 22r
    ok that make sense. I will look at that on my lunch break

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  4. TP88

TP88 Enthusiast

Truck:
    1988 toyota pickup singl-cab
    look at ur wires under ur fender had a problem like this happen to me what happen was that from being so low my tire cut thru thos wires under the fender chek that to good luck

5. arl33323

arl33323 Enthusiast

Truck:
    84 22r
    i found the problem. I went to check where xs told me and notice the boot on left terminal was melted. pulled it off and found this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know I need a battery, but is that all I need?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  6. scrub88

scrub88 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 toy short bed
    Meltdown seen batts do ths alot id start with a new battery a nice one new terminals after hook up but not a must I would check your voltage and amps that the alternator is giving back to the battery .. Just to Make sure its not killing your battery Plus don't over tighten your batt hold down . Squeeze the battery to much and it will weaken the inner structure

7. arl33323

arl33323 Enthusiast

Truck:
    84 22r
    cool thanks... someone once told me that my battery cables were on backwards. On the last pic are they on correct?

8. Malessohomegrown

Malessohomegrown Toyotaholic

Truck:
    87Hilux,92Hilux reg,914x4 HiluxEC
    It's hard to tell from the pics (I can almost see a + in your third pic in front of the neg wire)but should be black neg. red pos.It would have blown your main 80amp fuse right away.

9. Xs5875

Xs5875 Addict

Truck:
    1994 Standard cab 22re 5 spd
    Yup...new wires and terminals will be the best fix..and a new battery hold down clamp too..you can get all that from a parts store..