Newbie from United Kingdom!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jakeyy, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Jakeyy

Jakeyy Newbie

Hey guys and gals,

I'm jake and as my thread title says, im from the United Kingdom, not sure if there are many others from UK on here, but I have only just joined and havnt looked around on the site yet!

After wanting to get a hilux for a few years, I finally bite the bullet and bought myself a 2004 toyota hilux fx cab 2wd 2.5 diesel, and i love it, its so much fun to drive

I will start a build thread on it soon, and will be looking for advice and help on what to do with it!

Cheers

Jakeyy

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Welcome to TM!!

3. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    Awesome! Welcome sir and definitely post some pictures up! what are your plans?

4. Jakeyy

Jakeyy Newbie

Only decent picture I have of it on my phone at the moment, its sat in my unit at the moment with interior all stripped out, my plan for it is to eventually bag it and body drop it, unsure if stock floor or traditional, I reckon traditional for first body drop, i've only just started to learn how to weld on an evening course at college, only reason i've taken the course is so i can build a truck :clapping:

I have just put down a deposit on 2 custom made 18" subs for the trucks, havnt decided if i am going to wall the truck or make a no wall box behind the seats seeing an extra cab, but thats why the interior is stripped out at the moment so can measure up and sound deaden it and I want to lower it, its on 18" mazda rx8 alloys at the moment, but will probably go down to 17" so i can still get in and out of my unit, and would like 3-4" drop on the front and 4-5" on the rear but my main issue is getting necessary parts, nowhere in UK does th 20161204_131507 (1024x576).jpg em, so I gotta import them, so need to find out what is gonna be best for me, i will start another thread on it, but im thinking drop spindles for the front, maybe ball joint flip? and some 4" blocks on rear and maybe take a leaf out? really not sure but want to decide soon so i can order parts

5. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Welcome aboard