New steering wheel/hub/horn problem

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by not forgotten, Oct 25, 2012.

1. not forgotten

not forgotten Addict

Truck:
    82 SR5 L/B
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know I just got done installing my new wheel/hub. The hub that I used and it worked (thanks Rick) is a Lecaara from a 89/93 pickup (Toyota of course) and the wheel is Billet Specialties called Fury, I think it matches my wheels as close as I am going to get, I'm really happy with it.I was not willing to put out a boatload of $'s for a one off wheel to match my wheels, I'm not that picky.

Now I've got a problem and I am sure other people who have done this conversion have ran into the same thing.

1. Installed adapter, as soon as it made contact with the shaft, the horn began to honk

2. Pulled it off and pulled the plug behind the grill

3. Installed hub (needed to switch the 8/32nd by 1/2 they sent me for 8/32 3/4 allens)

4. Put wheel on, hooked up red wire from hub to back of horn button, hooked up black wire from back of horn button to inside of hub (needed to drill and tap a 8/32 to give the wire/screw a home, hole was not there

5. got it all buttoned up and NO horn, put in earplugs, pushed plug back into horn and solid honk

What do you guys think and or what did you do to fix the problem, I want a horn, I feel better when everything works right.

Thanks guys,
    Pete

PS. I know I need to get it out of the garage and get some complete pics of the truck instead of just what I have done and stop bing lazy right.

Attached Files:

2. Kahuna

Kahuna Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 single cab
    Now that you have posted this....My horn doesn't work with aftermarket wheel as well! I thought it may have just got wet after a thorough front end cleaning...but that was 8 days ago....wanted to use my horn for a fool who drifted into my lane at 70 mph while taking on the phone. Horn didn't work!!! Need to look into this problem!!!