My Toyota Experiance Thus Far

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DJyota86, Dec 18, 2017.

?

Whats next??

1. Front coilovers!!

2. Turbo!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DJyota86

DJyota86 Newbie

FB_IMG_1513575211791.jpg
    This is my toyota as of today. It is a 86 extracab sr5 that I bought about two years ago. The truck was in bad shape when I got it, but for $200 I could not pass it up.

First step was to lower it and get rid of my heavy ass rusted bed. Much easier said than done on a 30 year old Iowa truck. The bed bolts all had to be busted off, and the back two cut.

My dad built a wooden flat bed out of some scrap, and I ziptied the rear lights on. Static dropped it as low as the tbars would let me, and made some lowering blocks for the rear. Ive been going on that for two years, and I think I am about due for a four link and front coilovers...for a soon to come thread...

Being that my state does not care about exaust emissions and inspections I decided on a two and a half inch straight pipe all the way to a stack from our local farm store. Having no o2 and an afm with a loose spring means I run super fat.
    FB_IMG_1513575207427.jpg
    Soon I ditched the muffler and now it runs the straight pipe from stock
    manifold to just behind the cab. It running rich and a little timing with that pipe means she shoots flames!!!! Gets kinda crappy gas milage and is super brappy but it bangs a big fire ball after every shift above three grand.

Cops hate it but it turns heads and spins tires everywhere it goes and I could not ask for a better truck. Except my 88 4x4 I got for free soon after my 2wd blew up.

Thats right all that drifting in the wally world parking lot got the best of the old gal and she spun number three. But after my 2wd sat for a year in a back yard neglected I yearned for my first truck and had to swap the motor.
    FB_IMG_1513575180392.jpg
    So good bye 4x4 you will be missed....but not forgotted! Thats right like the mighty native americans of past times. I wont waste this buffalo. I took the 94000 mile motor,full front clip, and frankensteined my baby back to life.
    And dont worry the clean 4x4 frame went on to a friend who rebodied and saved it.

Ive been reading this site since before I had my first truck, and have learned alot.
    I cant wait to make more posts and build treads.

Thanks for reading!!

Mikerocosms likes this.
  2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Im going to vote coilovers because boosting the 22R i dont think will be worth the $ invested

3. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    Take it from me, do an engine swap. The amount of money it takes to make decent power out of a 22R nowadays is the cost of a engine swap that easily makes 2-3x the power stock. Most engine swaps will need the coil-overs anyways to help support the weight but also give much better handling.

4. Hands_On_Henry

Hands_On_Henry Member

Truck:
    1985 22R/4spd
    Your truck sounds like a lot of fun! (wrenching and driving)
    Enjoy! and Welcome