my 82 toyota diesel "savage"

Discussion in '1976-1983 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by blackchrome, Oct 30, 2016.

1. blackchrome

blackchrome Newbie

bought my 82 toyota diesel about a year ago for 1200 and this is how it came.

stage 1 was clean off all the crappy spray bomb paint and decided to clear over what was left of the original paint and rust.Ditched the ugly wheels for some dodge charger steelies, redid all suspension and lowered it 3 inches all the way around. and put a refreshed motor in (old one ran away twice and was going through 1L of oil a day) so i found a low km motor did all new gaskets timing belt etc.

Attached Files:

2. blackchrome

blackchrome Newbie

bought a 83 toyota pickup for parts and painted and restored all the dash trim and swapped in to the diesel

Attached Files:

3. blackchrome

blackchrome Newbie

used it as my daily all spring and summer put 25000km on it with next to no issues then this fall pulled it off the road for stage two. pulled the box off and found this and the name kinda fits. built and installed the fuel cell to make room for the 3 link suspension

Attached Files:

4. blackchrome

blackchrome Newbie

Got frame notches welded in just finishing the caping and plating the frame. All my suspension showed up but having problems with the company i ordered the bags and management from so moving ahead as much as i can till issues are resolved. So the 3 link with bag on bar mounts is from Infamous metal very happy with the customer service and and the build quality is top notch. Front control arms are from Michigan Metalworks the build quality is defiantly worth the price tag and customer service was also very good. The front suspension is all getting upgraded to the 84 to 88 toyota pickup suspension. Have new Beltech 2 inch drop spindles and also doing a rear disk brake conversion with trail tech 4x4 disk brake brackets.

5. blackchrome

blackchrome Newbie

here are the pictures

Attached Files: