My 22R

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by goldmember, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Nook

Nook Addict

The block plugs will cause pressure loss, the rear one will make a mess too as it leaks to the outside, but I was mainly reffering to the plugs in the crankshaft itself where its crossdrilled through the journals, if those are removed and not reinstalled you have a major pressure loss not to mention hardly any oil going to the rod bearings.

2. Mytattootears

Mytattootears Newbie

So mine is not good either. What should I do? [​IMG]

3. goldmember

goldmember Newbie

Truck:
    81 long bed 2wd
    What's not good about it?

4. Mytattootears

Mytattootears Newbie

Well there are those to holes that air is coming out . Should I plug them or put a small air filter on it?

5. goldmember

goldmember Newbie

Truck:
    81 long bed 2wd
    I put a breather/ filter on one and the other (PVC) is running to my carb. Not sure with the side drafts. But I would be interested in knowing the answer as well incase I decide to upgrade down the road.

6. YOTECK8922R

YOTECK8922R Newbie

Truck:
    89 toyota p/u 22r carb
    Those are in charge of filtering out blow-by from the crankcase. The blow-by is gas that escapes by the piston rings. Its created by the combustion of fuel. It contains harmful vapors that can deteriorate your engine oil. So its important to have at least the rear one with the P.C.V. (positive crankcase ventilation) valve in it hooked up to the carb or manifold. The valve ensures the gas is removed and doesn't move backwards. The hose attached is the vacuum in charge of sucking the gas out. Oh and blow-by is present with even freshly rebuilt engines, but a lot more with old worn out rings. The effects are worse with diesel engines with way higher compression, cause there's more blow-by. But, it can still lower the life of your oil just the same.

7. YOTECK8922R

YOTECK8922R Newbie

Truck:
    89 toyota p/u 22r carb
    I would do it like gold member has it. But I have seen people do breathers on both, I don't recommend it though.

8. YOTECK8922R

YOTECK8922R Newbie

Truck:
    89 toyota p/u 22r carb
    On the side draft setup u may have to make an adapter to do it. or just changer your oil more often.

9. goldmember

goldmember Newbie

Truck:
    81 long bed 2wd
    Finally back on the road.. Still need to get my exhaust dialed in. The setup shown is just a bit loud for my taste. Also its the lowest point on the yruck and it scrapes all the time.. Couple more pics for you guys.

[​IMG]
    All Cleaned up after the rod bearing fiasco.. Lots of extra precautions and machine work went into this to get it ready for attempt No.2

[​IMG]
    Simple but effective. Adding a resonator and lengthening it out this weekend.

[​IMG]
    All together and doing what it's supposed to..

Thanks to all of you who chimned and helped me out! Cheers!