My 1uzfe build

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Mr.Mini_4.0, Feb 21, 2016.

1. BatryOpratedBoy

BatryOpratedBoy Enthusiast

Truck:
    Brave Little Toaster (Diana) and Salsa Verde (Traction Control)
    It'll buff out!!! I just don't want to see this beautiful truck be the best/shortest closed chapter.

2. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    no not really.....i guess i will let you know when i do install it.

Mr.Mini_4.0 likes this.
  3. Lowtide671

Lowtide671 Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' single cab 2wd
    2 of the truck on my team have them, well ones a spool and ones a Detroit. On both cases of install we Had no choice but to take it to a shop due to the fact the shims have to pressed in. On the spooled truck it may as well be welded, AWESOME going in straight line but all that truck wants todo is go straight. Kinda sucks even in a long broad turn. The Detroit on the other had is REALLY nice. It's what I'll probably end up going with if I cannot find a good/decent ford 8.8 at the yard or some other source

Mr.Mini_4.0 likes this.
  4. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    Good to know, it will be some time til i get mine in. I have to finish the motor swap, but what i have been reading the s/c 5vz with 7 injectors should get you some where around 300hp but will see. I'd be fine 250hp, thats alot of power for a light truck.

5. twizted1

twizted1 Addict

Truck:
    '89 xcab 2wd
    damn that hella sucks bro, sorry for the loss of your truck!! bring it back to life!!

Mr.Mini_4.0 likes this.
  6. KERTWOOD

KERTWOOD Enthusiast

Truck:
    92 Street Truck
    It (crashes/accidents) happens. First Nashman then myself and now you. You'll be fine. Get paid, find a donor and rebuild/swap.

Mr.Mini_4.0 likes this.
  7. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

That's the plan man, thanks. I'll keep y'all posted

8. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

You already know it!

9. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

Been a while guys, thought I drop some updates on the truck. About a month ago, I had the front core cut off to inspect the frame and what I saw was the opposite of what I hoped for. The frame was really bent. I wanted to take it to a frame shop to get it straighten up but they wanted me to strip the entire body off the frame and even with that I wasn't sure if the frame was ever going to be normal again. The driver's front tire doesn't even touch the ground, the entire left side is pushed to the back creating a gap between the cab and the bed, the engine was twisted to the right and front suspension damaged again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    So I decided to just get a different frame.

I finally found a rust free frame from an 87 that I will be using. So far the only thing I will need to do it modify the front core and cab front mounts.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So within the next week or so, I will start transferring things to the new frame to get my truck back on the road.
    I miss this thing:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    Damn sorry about the truck, but at least you can build this thing from the ground up! Good luck

Mr.Mini_4.0 likes this.
  11. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

Thanks man. That's what I did before too, didn't drive it for a good month and some idiot ran me off the highway

12. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    i didnt know the 87 yota frames where the same as our frames. BTW i see the Harbor Freight Air compressor, how you do like it? i was considering buying one.

Mr.Mini_4.0 likes this.
  13. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

So far, so good. The only differences I've noticed are up front. The 87 bumper mounts are located on the very front of the frame and ours are up front, but but on the side edges next to the front cab/ core mounts. That will have to modify by cutting off the mounts on the 94 frame and welding it to the 87 frame. Everything else looks the exact same besides that manual steering gear. I'll remove that and slap my power steering gear to the 87 frame. If I notice any other differences I'll post it here, but it looks straight forward.
    The compressor does okay but is not the best. It's a 29 gallon. It does the work tho. I used it to paint my truck and some other air gun purposes. If you are constantly using it kicks on and off to keep up. but if you are on a budget I'd definitely get it.

14. Kirk

Kirk Member

Sad to see man hope u get back up and running soon if that happens to mines I probably would be crying

Mr.Mini_4.0 likes this.
  15. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

Thanks bro, that's the plan. And trust me, I did cry

16. yotarip

yotarip Veteran

Hell Yeah! get to work. If your old truck has an 8 inch rear, make sure you transfer that to the new frame too.

Mr.Mini_4.0 likes this.
  17. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

That's the plan bro! Got caught up with work again smh, so I haven't touched it. But Soon Soon! I'll keep y'all updated.

18. Deceptik1

Deceptik1 Newbie

Just read this whole build. Really diggin the GS3 and attention to detail on the truck. I have a single turbo 1jz SC300 myself. I'm looking to swap out my 22rte for a 1uz on my 87 4wd. Do you happen to have photos of the modifications you made on the drop zone brackets? The links are bad in the previous posts.

Mr.Mini_4.0 likes this.
  19. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

Thanks man!! I can look to see if I can dig it up. I'm working on my truck right now. when I pulled the engine off the old frame I found the driver's side engine mount completed damaged. That entire side of the frame was pushed in and it bent the mount. This time around I ended up fabbing my own damn mounts, and to be honest with you it was not such a hard task. I will be updating the current work on the truck later on today I will post my new mounts and how I made it.

20. mutantcolors

mutantcolors Enthusiast

Nice, I have mounts to make in the near future for a different swap. I have some ideas but I'll be watching.