My 1uzfe build

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Mr.Mini_4.0, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

Tires are 205/50/15

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  2. Radchadtrinidad

Radchadtrinidad Member

Truck:
    86 pickup
    did you use the 4runner front core? if not, can you send pictures on how the lights are mounted?

3. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

Stock core. I didn't take pictures:/. But the trick/ mods can be figured out easily when you got everything together. Get the 4Runner grille and the headlights and do a test fit. From there everything will come to you. It's really not hard.

4. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    1994 Pickup Standard Cab Base 22RE Manual
    Awesome build man!! Love the color and the sound of the motor!

Mr.Mini_4.0 likes this.
  5. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

Thanks Bro!

6. Kirk

Kirk Member

Hey bro that thing is crazy I love it got couple of question though I have a 93 2wd pickup I'm gonna do plenty work on it I'm from Jamaica but I come to the states to work for some months then go home every year I wanted to change my front bumper just the button half not the grill section where the headlights are so I'm wndering if when i take the bumper of the runner should I take the fenders also

Mr.Mini_4.0 likes this.
  7. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

Thanks man, and welcome to the club! When you pull the bumper off the 4Runner take the fenders also.

You will need the 4Runner corner nights too. Also there are two corner brackets that connects both the left and right bumper ends to the fenders, you will need those as the ones off the pickup are designed slightly different. After that you are set. Both the pickup and 4Runner bumpers mounts in the exact spot on the frames so that will be straight forward. Let me know if you have more questions.

8. Kirk

Kirk Member

K bro thanks a lot and the power window in the runner do you think it could be setup to work in my truck without a lot of trouble or do u think I should just get the universal power window set?. plus I am going to take out the cluster cause I'm converting to gearbox and I wanted rpm in, have any advice on the cluster?.

Mr.Mini_4.0 likes this.
  9. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

If you are pulling the entire wiring setup it shouldn't be too bad. But it will take some work for sure. I'm actually looking at doing that at some point. Haven't looked far into it so I wouldn't know that much details just yet. And you can get RPM with just the cluster, you don't have to switch the the gear box, unless you meant you are switching from auto to manual;)? If that's the case you are good either way. And I'd recommend you Read the cluster upgrade thread before you start doing the work.

10. Kirk

Kirk Member

Was reading a section and you said you treated the frame something about rusthow did you do that cause i live by the sea and at moment I'm having a little rust problem that I'm trying to get rid of around my windscreen and also the back glass and couple places under the truck on the chassy and the cabin too gonna see if I could get some pics so u can see what I'm talking about

11. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

Yes I did. I bought one of these https://www.zoro.com/ingersoll-rand...KMwOGMOz915FOO_GNzBNqhoCocHw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds, and cleaned the old flicks of rust off the frame and then used a paint brush with the Toyota recall rust treatment and painted the entire frame.

12. Kirk

Kirk Member

K great thanks a lot and do you have any vid of your truck on YouTube?

13. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

Just a few but nothing major. I'm working on a full vid from the start to beginning including cruising and some performance stuff. I'll post up the long here when I'm done

14. Kirk

Kirk Member

K man looking forward to seeing!!

15. Kirk

Kirk Member

And about the power windows in the runner do you think I can try it?

16. BatryOpratedBoy

BatryOpratedBoy Enthusiast

Truck:
    Brave Little Toaster (Diana) and Salsa Verde (Traction Control)
    I love this build so much. You put a lot of restoration into this truck. But your pictures are down!!! =(

17. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

Thanks man! I know I'll add them back. Been a sad weekend actually, I was a victim of a hit and run Friday afternoon. Some dude ran me off the free way trying to change lanes and my truck is fucked!

18. BatryOpratedBoy

BatryOpratedBoy Enthusiast

Truck:
    Brave Little Toaster (Diana) and Salsa Verde (Traction Control)
    Man.... Dood that really sucks I'm sorry that happened. I'm not a big guy but I would have just seen red. How extensive is the damage?

19. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

Yeah. I don't know yet but from the look of things, the entire front suspension is gone{tie rods are token} which is an easy fix, but the beltech drop spendle on the passenger side is damaged, rear wheel and tires are damaged, front end is smashed in and either the cab or frame is twisted because there is a small gap between the cab and bed on the driver's side. but I have to get it home to really inspect it. The insurance company is supposed to inspect it today and I'll know more later on.

20. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    Awe man that's too bad, I hope the insurance company will give you something for it....well at least enough to repair it...do you have any pictures?