My 1uzfe build

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Mr.Mini_4.0, Feb 21, 2016.

1. yotarip

yotarip Veteran

Damn man. At this point I would keep the lines attached but unbolt the master from the fire wall and try pumping it by hand. These hydraulic throwout bearings can be a pain. The one in my truck has been trouble free for a few years since the swap and I beat on it hard. The one in my supra is less than 6 months old and just sprung a leak last week and I baby that car. My buddy had one fail almost immediately in has 1uz supra but has been trouble free in his 1uz cressida for over a year.

Mr.Mini_4.0 likes this.
  2. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

Yeah it really sucks, I think I’m gonna try what you did, but I may need it to be on longer so I’ll mostly add an inline collection cup or something. When I did the swap the first time I was hard, but I managed to bleed it with the pressure goes bushing the fluid downwards from the reservoir. But the fact that I disconnected the lines when I did the work the second time screwed me up. For your truck, I’m sure you will be good until you disconnect one of those lines. Then it will remind you lol

yotarip likes this.
  3. ToyUz

ToyUz Newbie

Quick question. What exhaust manifolds did you use?

4. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

I used the SC exhaust manifolds. The engine was out of a 96 sc400.

5. ToyUz

ToyUz Newbie

What serpentine belt did you use? cause i plan on deleting the a/c as well.

6. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

I’m using the BellTech 2/3” drip kit.

7. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

It’s been a while guys. I’ve been working crazy, besides the temperature been in the negative out here in Minnesota for a while, and that makes me lazy to go to the garage:/. Anyways, here’s where I’m at with the build. I did the rear disc drake conversation and I was having issues bleeding the system.

The brake would feel firm when I’m bleeding the system but gets soft when I start up the truck. Watch the video and pay attention to my brake master, that’s the style of propositional valve I was using. After a few trials, I got rid of it and added one to just the real brake circuit, but I’m yet to try to bleed the system. when it warms up here within the next weeks, I’ll try to bleed the brakes.

I was haveimg issues bleeding my clutch as well and I ended up pulling the tranny to replace the TO bearing. Again, I’m yet to try to bleed it because it’s really cold. But I should free up some time to bleed the brakes and clutch after the replacement parts. Go check out the video of the truck :)

hawaiiysr, YOguyDA and yotarip like this.
  8. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    Love it bro!

Kind of jealous...

Since this your SECOND time building this truck, I think u should just sell it to me and keep pumping more out just like it, lol.

I'll even donate my truck for your next project ;)

Mr.Mini_4.0 likes this.
  9. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

Lol I wish I could just do that..! But from the amount of time and work I’ve put in, this thing will be in my procession for a long time. Given another jealous drive don’t run me off the road for the second time

10. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    Enjoy it! You deserve it!

In the mean time, I'll work on securing some property here in CA, so I can stockpile plenty of rust free donor trucks for guys like you, haha.

Hopefully the aftermarket will embrace these trucks like they have with the mustang and classic chevy trucks!

Or is that our job? I guess time will tell...

Mr.Mini_4.0 likes this.
  11. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

Thanks man, I’m sure there’s lots of mini truck fans out there. Even if they don’t, we gotta do our best to present these trucks to the aftermarket world showing other side of what they can be. Funny thing, I was hanging out with this girl and we saw a stock 94 pickup and I’m like “Oooo I got one fo those”. She looked me in the eye talking bout some, but why do you have a farm truck lol.
    I had to set her straight real fast. But No, I do this on the side. I’m opening a shop over seas doing work like this for ppl, that’s the name of the shop & channel. Everything is in the beginning phase, if I answer you question correctly.

12. Bocks

Bocks Member

Truck:
    1995 Pickup
    Hell yeah man. Keep it up. Just caught up on the whole thread and will be keeping up on the rest of the process. Mine was in an accident recently as well and I only just got started pulling the front end out to see the extent of the damage.

Mr.Mini_4.0 likes this.
  13. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

Thanks buddy! I hope it’s not too bad:/!

14. yotarip

yotarip Veteran

keep it up man. Good work!

Mr.Mini_4.0 likes this.
  15. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

Thank Yotarip! I’m on it.

16. yotarip

yotarip Veteran

I converted my rear drums to discs also but used 4runner front calipers on the rear. Have not driven the truck much since due to the need to fix the shredded wiring for the lights up front. Tires ate them up. Almost finished and really anxious to drive it again. Can't get bait many people into a race while driving my mk3 supra but plenty of people would jump on the truck.

Mr.Mini_4.0 likes this.
  17. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

Haha! I feel you. My clutch got blead out just fine after I replaced the TO bearing. The brakes tho, can use a little more bleeding. Forgot to mention that I have a handbrake installed while I was doing the rear brake conversion. Gotta figure out how to get all the air out. But fix them lights,and get your truck back on the road!

18. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    Do you guys have lsd on your rear ends? Also @Mr.Mini_4.0 how did you like the rear brake conversion? Did you have to extended the parking brake cable?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  19. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

No LSD just yet. The diff I got with the used frame is welded and I don’t like it personally because it makes the truck very heavy and when I make turns my tires drag. So I’m swapping it with a normal diff for now until I can sort out an LSD.
    As far as the brakes goes, I wouldn’t be able to tell you just yet because I’ haven’t really driven the truck since the vid, been on the road for work. But I know they grip better at moderate speeds. Will have to drive the truck a little longer before I can tell you my personal review.

20. hawaiiysr

hawaiiysr Member

Truck:
    93 single cab
    great build