Lecarra hub adapter question asap

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by not forgotten, Oct 4, 2012.

1. not forgotten

not forgotten Addict

Truck:
    82 SR5 L/B
    Tried the search 1st and nothing I am going to be upgrading my wheel soon and I need a polished adapter. Lecaara no longer makes part #19600 for 79/86 toyota pickup, has not for about 10 years. They do offer a 3 bolt Grant part #13290 to 9 bolt Lecarra #23290 universal part.

Is this my only option or does Billet Specialties make a domestic adapter 9 bolt that will work? I

Any help on this asap would be great,
    Thanks guys,
    Pete

2. not forgotten

not forgotten Addict

Truck:
    82 SR5 L/B
    Come on guys, I know there are people here with after market steering wheels on there trucks and you had to have used a adapter. Any other years adapters that will work, 84+?. I heard an 85 will work and you can get it from Billet Spcialties, anyone heard this? Looking to fit the body style 79/83.

Thanks guys

3. mprtftr

mprtftr Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 Reg Cab
  4. not forgotten

not forgotten Addict

Truck:
    82 SR5 L/B
    Thanks man , I appreciate the attachments. I am going to throughly check my options before placing my order, the hub is the only issue. Summits hub goes back to 89, called Toyota parts, he said he would bet it would fit but he did not have a picture with part numbers, suggest I call a yard, called a big yard around here and the guy sounded familiar with Lecarra hubs and said the 87 spline is definity different and will not work.

I have a feeeling I going to have to go with the universal Lecarra to Grant hub 3 to 9 bolt, wanted the fully polished one but its not looking good.

I wish we could get everything under the sun like the domestics, damn!

5. mprtftr

mprtftr Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 Reg Cab
    You could always get the new hub either chromed or powder coated. Have you tried E-Bay?

6. not forgotten

not forgotten Addict

Truck:
    82 SR5 L/B
    I like the chrome idea, never even thought of that thanks, or possibly even get it painted to match the truck, I want to have some interior pieces painted when that time comes.

7. 1982rn34

1982rn34 Addict

Truck:
    1982 SR5 RN34
    Pete,
    I feel that the steering column shafts are all the same when it comes to the threads. I've seen some later model steering wheels place in the earlier models. I discovered that the nut used to hold the steering wheel will fit on the column whether it is an early or late model.

Rick