install bags what ever

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by craigdbl, Nov 8, 2011.

1. craigdbl

craigdbl Guest

I met a neighbor recently and found out he installs bags-- full kit frt./back/side/side for $2000. is that a good price? He also does any thing to do with autos/trucks. he's off the 405/110 frwy in Torrance 90501. I'll get his number soon. he's so close I did'nt think of getting it.

2. eurofreak2002

eurofreak2002 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    80 STD SR5 LB, bagged! The new whip!
    DEPENDS ON BRANDS AND QUANTITY. In just my bag setup alone I have $1800 in parts. I have the following..Cando 4 link, 7 gal alum tank, Viair dual 480's, 7 switch box, slam bags, smc valves, and then all the various odds and ends all nickel plated fittings, 1/2 line, frame connectors for line, bag brackets, so on so forth. This was just for parts. So $2000 for everything installed would seem like a PERFECT deal but you gotta ask what he's installing and how. I have $400 just into the metal for the notch and frame and bridge, I along with a handful of friends did the work but if my buddy who ran a shop at the time did it for just some joe blow off the street it would have been about $4000 worth of fabrication and materials. Get a parts list of what he's doing and then research it online to see what he's actually charging for labor.

3. jeremystephens

jeremystephens Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 xcab
    i wouldnt do it..... Go to a real shop spend the money so you dont have to cut all that off and spend more trying to fix a hack job........Do it right the first time or dont do it at all

4. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Bump to that!
    Brass DOT fittings alone can run you $300-$400
    8 good valves another $300-$500
    2 pumps $300-$500
    I've got $6,800 + into my set up,that's with tubular a-arms,notch,link bars,& air controller.
    Only $500 of this is outside labor!!!
    DO IT ONCE & DO IT RIGHT:cool:

5. yota4life

yota4life Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1991 xcab 2wd 4cyl
    Ya tht seems cheap but I have over tht in just my air ride. 1500 for the kit 250 for 4 more valves almost 900 for arms 110 switch box 20 for a gauge an more for misc. Fittings

6. eurofreak2002

eurofreak2002 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    80 STD SR5 LB, bagged! The new whip!
    Yah thats something in my list of parts I dont have yet is new arms for the front. I also forgot about sheet metal and if you relocate your gas tank the cost for extending the harness and lines. We arent trying to bring you down but there is a HUGE!!! difference between a $2000 said and done and a $4000-$6000 said and done. Everyone else has summed it up nicely when stating spend the money and do it right once!! This is the 3rd time my truck has been under the knife cause previous owners screw ups. I did it right.

7. craigdbl

craigdbl Guest

Thanks for the feedback. I'm struggling with spending a crazy amount of $$ on this. I understand it's my suspension and it needs to be right and safe. I'm trying to decide if it's worth all that. Are you putting your trucks in shows or just for personal satisfaction?