Im melting and Im frustrated

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by Kev55, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Kev55

Kev55 Enthusiast

Yeah I'm in the city so I sit in traffic alot and thats when it struggles. The electric fan is a good idea scrub, I think im gonna try that!
    I guess I can just add a switch in the cab or something and tap power from somewhere.
    Im gonna try to put some heavy degreaser on the condenser too and clean that out a little more.

2. The Jewish Guy

The Jewish Guy Veteran

1992 Ford Taurus...or Mercury Sable
    As long as it is '95 and older
    These fans have two speeds.. if you can rig it to run the low for normal cooling and then run a trigger to run the High speed when the AC comes on it will blow at 2800 CFM... that is cooling power !!

You have to make some cuts so it can get around the radiator inlets and outlets but it will fit flush. I have used these fans on my RX7's and if you know Rotaries.. they run hot.

I also added some spacer made of Nylon bushings I bought at ACE hardware.
    I also used two self tapping bolts/screws to secure the fan shroud to the radiator frame. You will see that there is enough lip to drill a hole onto it without damaging your radiator.. I used vise clamps to secure it so i would drill straight.
    My fan's trigger comes straight from the ignition where the ignition key is...
    I don't recommend getting the trigger off the ignition coil because it will get hot and you can burn your coil. I ran a wire through the firewall directly to ignition key socket.

Don't try a toggle switch because you might forget to turn it on... wire it up to the ignition where you key is....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then add this fan... it is an easy install if you follow my DIY

[​IMG]