I have a broken clutch pedal bracket>

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by TonyTDE, Dec 28, 2013.

1. TonyTDE

TonyTDE Member

Truck:
    1989 Single cab short bed
    So i have been having some clutch issues with my truck lately. Come to find out the clutch pedal bracket has a large crack in it. Does anyone know the steps to removing the bracket?

2. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Drop lower dash, climate control duct and column. You'll now be able to see that the clutch and brake master cylinder studs hold bracket to the firewall. There are also a couple bolts that go up into the dash bar if I remember right. It's not too hard to do just time consuming.

3. Littleturd

Littleturd Member

Truck:
    84 2wd regular cab
    To elaborate, unscrew the lower dash panels with a Phillips head screwdriver. The climate control pipes have one or two Philips head screws holding them down, and can be pulled out once the screws are removed. To take the steering column out, unscrew the plastic around it with a Phillips head and unhook the wiring, then unbolt the larger black metal plate with a combo wrench or ratchet. There are like 6 bolts that hold it on. There are 2 hex bolts that attach the steering column to the dash bar. Inside the engine bay unscrew the 2 hex bolts that attach the steering column to the rack and pinion and the steering column can be pulled out into the cab. The brake booster is held on with 4 hex nuts inside the cab. The clutch master cylinder is attached with 2 hex nuts in the engine bay. Unhook the cotter pins and springs from the pedals and there are like 3 or 4 more hex bolts that attach the pedal rack to the cab.

4. TonyTDE

TonyTDE Member

Truck:
    Sweet thanks white trash, i have it out sent to my dad to be welded up.

5. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater

No problem. Have them plate the area's that cracked too. It is pretty common on that generation of truck to have a broken clutch pedal mounting area.

6. TonyTDE

TonyTDE Member

Truck:
    My truck is back on the road!!!