How to go lower? (Static)

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by D173, Sep 30, 2015.

1. D173

D173 Newbie

I know there are plenty of threads like this, but after reading I am still a little confused I guess.

I really want to keep it static, I just don't enjoy the look of bags. I want to go as low as possible... :D

Right now I am on 4" drop blocks in the rear with the middle leaf taken out. And in the front I have the torsions cranked down and the ball joint flip. I want to notch the frame soon so I can have a smoother ride as well because right now I am only 1.5" from the frame.

Any ideas or feedback on control arms or drop spindles? and how to go lower in rear? Thanks guys!

I'll throw a pic of where it sits right now when I get my photo bucket figured out!

2. D173

D173 Newbie

Got it figured out!

[​IMG]

3. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Smaller tires, drop spindles, and some creativity out back should get you lower

4. LilRed93

LilRed93 Addict

Truck:
    1993 Pickup
    Mmmmmm that's lookin good man. I like the set-up ya got now. But yes Drop Spindles and LCA's for the front to get ya lower. If I were you I'd bring those torsion bars back to stock so ya don't mess up your alignment. Good by tires cuz of horrible camber. Spindles drop you down without messing with your geometry keeping everything the same and having great performance. As for the rear.... drop leaf springs and a good notch will do the trick. Good luck. :waytogo:

5. MrDinkleman

MrDinkleman Addict

Truck:
    1988 standard cab, long bed
    Nice looking truck! What wheels are those? They really stand out against the black...

I think I really like it because it is kind of old-school with the beefy sidewalls instead of low profile rubber bands.

6. Da_Roach

Da_Roach Toyotaholic

Truck:
    (1) 92 RN80 (1) 2002 RZN150
    Sharp looking truck there. If you do drop spindles and lca you might have to work the inner fenders some for clearance. I would also raise the t bars back up to stock if you go this route.

7. D173

D173 Newbie

Thanks guys! Okay so one more question. How reliable are the bolt on notches from street tacos? Also how much more clearance will the bolt one get me? Or should it just be welded?

Thanks for all the advice, really appreciate it!

8. Da_Roach

Da_Roach Toyotaholic

Truck:
    (1) 92 RN80 (1) 2002 RZN150
    Anything from street tacos is great. Bolt on is great if you don't have a shop or skills to weld a notch in.

9. D173

D173 Newbie

Okay, do you think I will have to work the fenders if I go with 15's and some lower profile tires? I'm not looking forward to tubbing them very badly.

I like the look of the beefcake sidewalls haha, but I want to be lower :shrug:
    And I'm not sure of the exact name but they are aluminum american racing wheels.

10. Robert m

Robert m Addict

Truck:
    '94 single cab, 22re, 5spd
    american racing outlaw 1s