how to flip ball joints?

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by moneyhungry, Feb 28, 2008.

1. moneyhungry

moneyhungry Enthusiast

Truck:
    93 Yoda.
    hopefully going to be gettin spindles soon and was wondering what was involved in flipping the ball joints. any pointers would be great.
    mike.
    edit... also how much of a drop will i be looking at with the spindles and ball joint flip and hows the ride going to be?

2. smctoy

smctoy Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 xcab...
    Its so simple...just unbolt the ball joints, take them from the bottom of the control arms & place them on top. I found it easier to do the top & bottom at the same time too. Here is a pic of my upper control arms & you can see how it will look once you swap/flip them!! Youll have to look through the cut outs in the fenderwells, but you can see the top.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Twisted Minis

Twisted Minis Addict

Truck:
    1980 Toyota
    Flipping the balljoints doesn't do you much good. You get about an 1/2" drop. Don't waste your time. Its added stress on critical components that keep your truck on the road, and not necessary. You can lay out without doing it. Its actualyl hard to put the bags in place with them. And on a sprung truck, still not worth it. Flipping the upper ball joint doesn't do anythign other than aid int he angle about half a degree.

4. moneyhungry

moneyhungry Enthusiast

Truck:
    93 Yoda.
    cool thanks for the info. dosent look like im going to be doing this one