how to bleed brakes on 1988 toy pickup

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by TP88, Aug 4, 2011.

1. TP88

TP88 Enthusiast

Truck:
    1988 toyota pickup singl-cab
    need to bleed my brakes prob is that dont know how hahahah
    anyhelp will be great

so now 2 the story on my way home from work and comeing to a stop my brakes feel funny like squishy and they would go hard and start brakeing and then they would go soft and brake still but i would have 2 push down on them prity far drove the hole way home like that doing about 55 on the highway (lol) and about 25-30 on the street would realy love 2 know how to bleed them or if u guys think it can be something alse let me know plz and thx u pic of place were u would bleed them would be great 2 :D THX GUYS

2. Malessohomegrown

Malessohomegrown Toyotaholic

Truck:
    87Hilux,92Hilux reg,914x4 HiluxEC
    First you gotta find out if you have a leak. There is no use bleeding if there is a break in the system.Put some fluid in the resev. Pump your brakes and check under your truck for fluid spills. Once you've made sure there is no leaks or repaired them bleeding is pretty easy. Its a two man job. Take your front wheel off and you will find a bleeding nipple on the side of the caliper. I think it's a 3/8's or something. Have your friend inside your truck pumping the brakes and then hold it in while you crack open that nipple and let the fluid squirt out. Repeat this a few times just to make sure there is no air in the system. Lock down that nipple and repeat the process on the other side of the truck.Good luck.

3. B.Y.E.

B.Y.E. Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1982 2wd Hilux
    Pump, Pump, Pump, Hold, Crack, Tighten... Repeat until solid brake fluid shoots out... :waytogo:

4. StupidSheet

StupidSheet Addict

Truck:
    91 V6 SR5 Xtracab, 87 22RE 4x4, 73 HiLux 18R SR5
  5. OldSchool84DevilLux

OldSchool84DevilLux Enthusiast

Truck:
    1984 Toyota Sr5 PU Xtra Cab(Hilux)
    You will want to start from RR LR FR FF furthest from mas cyl after u make sure no leaks thru out system