How do I remove center panel

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by Bottle, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Bottle

Bottle Member

Hey guys having trouble removing the center panel in between the glove and instruments. The air controls are still attached and I don't know how to detach them

Attached Files:

2. fred heath

fred heath Addict

Truck:
    1978 Toyota Galavan Motorhome.
    The plastic knobs pull off of the control levers. They're held on with spring clips.
    I can't tell from your picture if you've already done that. If your sure you've removed all the screws holding the plate on it should slide right out. Also, check that someone didn't apply double sided tape in the wrong place when installing the stereo.

OK, I see you got the knobs off. Make sure you don't have two hidden screws behind the speedometer cluster.
    It's been a long time since I pulled one of these.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  3. Bottle

Bottle Member

It seems there are 2 scews or more behind the levers attaching them too the panel, unfortunately I can't get to them thanks to the fridgidair a.c. unit completely blocking off the underside

4. fred heath

fred heath Addict

Truck:
    1978 Toyota Galavan Motorhome.
    My trucks a 1978. The levers do not move. The panel slides over them. Yours looks the same. Maybe Toyota changed things with later models.

Update: I seem to remember the Speedo cluster had to be moved back as the center panel has a lip that sits behind it. Try this first before trying to pry the panel off.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017