Help with wheel fitment for my 85 2wd

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by Yota85, May 15, 2016.

1. Yota85

Yota85 Newbie

Hey everyone I'm new to the Yota game. I recently purchased a 1985 toyota pickup 2wd. I slightly lowered it and am wondering if a 15 inch wheel 8 inches wide with +6 offset will fit. The site I'm ordering from says the same wheel but 7 inches wide fits. But looking under my truck I'm worried a 8 inch wheel will rub.

2. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    Ive been told for the jap style beds you can only fit a 7in wide in the rear. But there r fuys on here that know alot more about wheel fitmet then me.

3. Yota85

Yota85 Newbie

Thanks man! I ended up just ordering 7s. I definitely expected this forum to be a lot more helpful then it is haha thanks so much for the response man. Now I need to get an exhaust setup. Almost think it's pointless to ask for opinions and suggestions on here lol

4. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Theres are a bunch of threads already about wheels. Searching would have helped you get a good idea. Guess thats too hard tho.

Tuhd The Troll likes this.
  5. Yota85

Yota85 Newbie

I spent a few hours looking through all the posts and more then half of them don't even share their specs they just show pics and the other half is rocking dub city 18s. Very few of them were helpful but still weren't the exact specs I was asking about Buuuut okayyyy :waytogo:

6. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    I had 18x7.5 ADR victory's on my truck...They were purchased from a guy on CL who took them off an Acura TSX or something of that nature, so they were definitely + offset. They barely and rarely rubbed the frame and i never worried they would rub the fenders in the rear...Currently im running 16x7 crown vic sport mesh...

Saw your exhaust post too...check out the wheels and my truck with relatively stock piping/cat and a glasspack here:

Sounds ok, the video is crap and the camera cut out all the deeper tones, but i posted it for the hell of it....Im cheap, i'll get new exhaust when i do an engine swap, lol.

Last edited: May 18, 2016