Help!! Going back to an old carburetor and all vacuum lines are gone

Discussion in '1976-1983 Pickup Discussion' started by Shane, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Shane

Shane Newbie

Hey there! So, I have a 76' toyota chinook (pickup) my buddy talked me into swapping out my carburetor for a weber 32/36 electric choke carb. Well, after 5 months of complete shit performance by the weber I decided to go back. I picked up an Aisan carburetor for my 20r and tried to install it with no luck. All the vacuum lines and emissions were torn out except for the distributor vacuum needed for the weber. I tried to look at a vacuum diagram and the pictures were such low quality I couldn't follow the mess of black lines to where they go. Does anyone know what the most basic vacuum lines are necessary to run an aisan carburetor on a 20r engine, as well as, what lines connecto to where and what can be plugged? . I don't need the emissions back in just the ones that will make it work.

2. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    I haven't messed with my Aisin in a while...but I'm sure you can run it just like the Weber.

Just cap all the unused ports on the Aisin and see how it runs?

3. Shane

Shane Newbie

I tried that to start with that, but it didn't start. It is from a pick'n pull, so I wondered if I was missing a necessary vacuum or if there's an issue with the carburetor

4. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    Fuel in the sight glass?

Accelerator pump squirt fuel when you manually turn the throttle?

Vacuum leak?

Will it run spraying carb cleaner?

Too many things to know and look for :)