Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Nukem, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Nukem

Nukem Newbie

I'm a new member to this site but have been visiting this site for quite a while. I've had my '86 since 1992 and never plan on getting rid of it. Got it for $2500. It's been through a few different minor mods, nothing major. 20171229_162110.jpg

I picked up an '87 a couple of months ago that I thought only had a blown head gasket for $500. Not so. It had been sitting for 3 years. The timing cover had a hole in it, so I've not only had the head machined and replaced the gasket set, but also new timing chain and gears, water pump, fuel pump and filters, Weber carb, clutch master and slave cylinders, and both front brake calipers. I thought that I would have a mini for my son for $1000. Wrong. At least there's very little rust. Looks like I'll have 2 minis. 20171013_142316.jpg

2. Hands_On_Henry

Hands_On_Henry Member

Truck:
    1985 22R/4spd
    Great Trucks! An 86 was my first vehicle, I think it looks great with that bumper and pin stripe. Bummer on the surprise repairs for your kid's but that thing looks solid. He will be hooked for life now. :D

3. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Atleast these trucks are easy to work on.

Welcome to TM

4. Nukem

Nukem Newbie

I think I'll be keeping the '87 for myself. My son's 28 and hasn't shown any interest. I'll be retiring in 2 years, so I think I'll have a lot of time to really put some work into it.

jetas likes this.
  5. Hands_On_Henry

Hands_On_Henry Member

Truck:
    1985 22R/4spd
    Well Congratulations! At the end of your career and you have 2 sweet trucks to play with. Enjoy!