harness wires and connectors

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by spanks_4, Dec 15, 2011.

1. spanks_4

spanks_4 Enthusiast

Ok I'm wanting to rewire my entire truck from fuse panels to parts and so on. I'm trying to use the original color of all the wires for future schematic purposes... The problem is I can't find any companies that sell the wire!

So anyone know of a company or where to start? I know of the premade harness kits, but I don't want those.

2. suncomb1

suncomb1 Enthusiast

Truck:
    1983 Toyota SR54x4 Mojave Edition-Black Package Shortbed Sport Truck
    I doubt very much if you will find wire to match the Toyota color code unless you are an OEM and can purchase large quantities. I wire my friends Street Rods, Customs, Trucks, etc. and use Ron Francis wiring kits. I have wired 150 + cars over the years and I will not use other brand wiring kits because I have learned what works and what doesn't period.

3. GrantH

GrantH Addict

Why not use something like rebel-wires and just base everything off of their schematic...

Trying to match stock colors is torture i'm sure and once it's done in a different color code...stock means nothing.

4. Twisted Minis

Twisted Minis Addict

Truck:
    1980 Toyota
    I've used Rebel-wire harnesses, they are pretty good quality. I was happy with them on a race car I wired from scratch. It wouldn't be hard to wire into a stock column and make work with stock components. Would be even easier with a GM column, because you could basically plug and play. But I wired one into a stock 73 Mercedes column, but we deleted the stock ignition for push button which made it a little more simple, being a race car and all.

I get lots of my wire from a place called Imperial Supply. I am not sure if you need a resale permit or Tax ID number to buy from them, I set my account up years ago. But they have sourced for me in the past custom colored wires. Such as an orange wire with a black stripe. Not sure if that would work for you.