Gotta Know

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by Dgerfan55, May 16, 2010.

1. nvrenufedge

nvrenufedge Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bagged '93 std cab
    I would go with a 195/75 or a 205/70. I'm runnin 205/70's on mine with no issues, but I also have 4wd fenders.

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Me too. Wen i had the 205/75s they rubbed when i turned the torsions down til the LCA hit the bump stop.

Now i cut the bumpstop, and the truck is a lil bit off it. getting a smaller sidewall even if it was minimal made the difference

3. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    195-70-14s. They look better due to the shorter sidewall. Cost about the same. But they are smaller, and give more room for clearance. I had a 92 with those up front, dropped about 4-5" from torsions and had flared fenders. I also beat the inners with a hammer. It didn't rub.

[​IMG]

4. 94Yota_05CBR1K

94Yota_05CBR1K Veteran

Truck:
    94 YoTa Mini 2wd
    If you do try to roll your fenders on your own please be careful and don't mess up the outter body. I dont want to see a huge dent popping out. And 4X4 fenders are hard!! Part of my future plans.

5. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    +1

i know this... rear end wise

6. tyme_fo_play

tyme_fo_play Addict

Truck:
    MY PRIDE MY JOY MY TOY!
    if you wanna go lower without hitting you need to get smaller tires down here in hawaii if you rocking 14" steelies you gotta have 195/60/r14, and you need to remove that inner fender plastic if you didn't yet. here's my truck set up as of in this pic. 2inch spindles, torsion front, 5inch angle blocks, pulled middle leaf. and 195/60/r14 tires.......
    [​IMG]

7. Dgerfan55

Dgerfan55 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 pickup
    Cool so what im hearing is i need smaller tires. Got it now what is the cheapest way to get the back end down more cause as of right now the back sitts alot higher then the front

8. SD YOTA

SD YOTA Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    what do you have in the back?

there's gonna be a limit to how low you can go back there before hitting frame and crossmember issues..... and from my experience, you will run into issues right at 6 inches.

if you already have 4 inch blocks your best bet is to remove the center leaf..... you can also look for some 4x4 leafs and remove all but 2 leafs out of them and i think you will grab around 3 inches of drop? not sure on them as of yet....... but since they dont have as much of an arch being 4x4 leafs (since they dont need a drastic arch being spring over axle design).

9. Dgerfan55

Truck:
    94 pickup
    All i have in the back is 3in blocks, Thats all i could find. Where can u pick up 4 or 5in blocks as tyme_fo_play said he had plus the middle leaf gone. In that pic he had is how low i want to go.

10. tyme_fo_play

tyme_fo_play Addict

Truck:
    MY PRIDE MY JOY MY TOY!
    i got 4 inch cast aluminum blocks from DJM then stacked a 1 inch on the bottom for a truck cruise but when i put the 4 inches back the block been stressted out so much that the top nipple snapped off and my drive shaft was rubbing the crossmember. in my experience DO NOT put in 5 inch blocks with a pulled left if you don't have a mini c notch my ride was sooo ****en crappy i couldnt even get through 1 song in my deck because it would be spikking like crazy! 4inch pull leaf without mini c is the best bet for you unless you got money for drop leafs.

11. Dgerfan55

Truck:
    94 pickup
    Cool do u or anyone have pics of the inner fenders in the front that have been beaten or plastics moved so they wont scrap? Or would it be easyier to cut them out if so where did u guys move the stuff that was on the top of the fenderwel . Sorry for being new and asking so many questions but i want to go as low as i can with out baggin it and cutting it so much.

12. standardbyker88

Truck:
    Seriously, start with the shorter tires. But for now, roll the fenders and pull the plastic liners out. If it rubs inside the wheel well, you will see shiny spots. Hit those shiny spots with a big hammer. Then a quick coat of black paint. If they rub and get shiny again, keep hitting it. Eventually it will stay painted. Its how I did mine.

13. 94Yota_05CBR1K

94Yota_05CBR1K Veteran

Truck:
    94 YoTa Mini 2wd

DJM makes 4 inch blocks that I have seen on ebay. check em out. I was gonna buy them but I decided to just got with 3" since I put my streetbike on the back from time to time.

14. Dgerfan55

Truck:
    94 pickup
    Well sounds good do anyone know some one that wants to trade tires? OH CRAP everything is put on hold now cause my other ride just took a crap. The alternator,fan,powersteering belt broke on the way to a party and when it broke it wipped against the radiator filler and cracked it all the way down the side. But thats not all also one of the pullys busted off and the bearings went everywhere. So who knows how much its going to cost. Heres the pics.........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. nvrenufedge

nvrenufedge Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bagged '93 std cab
    That sucks!

16. Dgerfan55

Truck:
    94 pickup
    Yes it does cause now the money i been saving for the front bumper,grille,valance that i wanted is gone. Oh well thats the life of being a owner of a beemer i guess. It just sucks cause i dont have small hands to work on this. Whats a few more cuts and bruises on the hands and arms.

17. standardbyker88

Truck:
    :funnyup: I feel your pain on working on german cars. Literally. They don't come apart easily. And parts are spendy. Sell that thing and use the money for the truck. Who needs a beemer when they have a toyota?!

18. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Ouch!!!!!

19. tyme_fo_play

tyme_fo_play Addict

Truck:
    MY PRIDE MY JOY MY TOY!
    you don't even have to touch your fender wells if you plan on running the stock steelies with small tires you just need to un bolt the plastic liners inside. and your all good......

time to trade that beamer for a toyota! ahaha

20. Dgerfan55

Truck:
    94 pickup
    YA i would like to get rid of it but its kinda my other baby for the speedy world or if i have to get some where fast.Plus i just priced all the parts im going to need and its going to cost around 150 to 200 hundred depending who i go through and how fast i want the parts.