Going Low

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by 91_yota, Oct 6, 2015.

1. 91_yota

91_yota Newbie

Truck:
    91 toyota pickup single cab
    So I've finally decided to go low on my 1991 pickup. I was thinking of doing three inch lowering blocks on the rear and in the front do spindles that should drop me 2 inches and flip the ball joints as well. My concern is that if I do drop it, be ball joints in the front will rub and that the rear will become really stiff. I've heard of this thing called a c notch that's supposed to reinforce the rear suspension. I'm just concerned because my 91 Toyota is my daily and don't want the ride to get so ruff that it's unrideable. If you guys have any picture of this set up could you please show me, please. Thank you so much!

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    3" blocks alone will NOT get you to the point where you need a notch. Plus youre not changing anything on the leaf springs so its guna ride the same as it does pre-blocks.

Spindles maintain suspension geometry so it will ride the same. BJ flip wont even really make a difference in ride quality

3. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Yup 3" blocks and either cut stock or shorter aftermarket bumpstops out back are standard and it'll ride and perform like stock. Drop spindles and a ball joint flip won't make a negative impact either.

4. LilRed93

LilRed93 Addict

Truck:
    1993 Pickup
    I've had 3" blocks and full ball joint flip on my truck for almost a year now and it rides the same as it did stock. Drop Spindles will be coming soon I hope. It rides even better now with new shocks and tires.:waytogo:

5. Robert m

Robert m Addict

Truck:
    '94 single cab, 22re, 5spd
    A c notch isn't used to reinforce the rear suspension. Its a section of the frame thats cut out right above the rear axle that allows the suspension to compress more so the axle doesnt bottom out on the frame.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]