GM 1 wire install help

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by VRam01, Apr 23, 2011.

1. VRam01

VRam01 Newbie

Truck:
    77 Toyota pickup longbed
    Hi Im new to the forums, I have searched but have not really found an answer to my question.

I bought a gm 1 wire alternator specfically the NAPA 67294, I also bought a gm 1 wire wiring harness and I am trying to figure out which wire from the wiring harness connect to the alternator???:confused: so, I would appreciate some help ill post some pics to show my situation. Thank You in advance for the help!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    That's not a 1 wire but it can be. Put an eyelet on the red wire coming out of the regulator and loop it to the charge stud. It will not start charging till about 12-1500 rpm but it will effectively be a 1 wire. You can hook the white wire to a switched with the key power source and it will charge from the time you start the rig till you shut it off.

3. VRam01

VRam01 Newbie

Truck:
    77 Toyota pickup longbed
    Hook up the white wire from the regulator or the white wire from the trucks wiring harness? and by eyelet do you mean ring terminal? the chrage stud is the one with red right? Also so none of the wires from the truck wiring harness is connected to the alternator? sorry for the dumb questions but I want to make sure to install it correctly :cool:

4. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Yes put a ring terminal on the red wire in the plug and attach it to the charge stud on the back of the alternator. The white wire coming out of the plug can be left unhooked or connected to a switched power wire. I leave it unhooked personally.

5. VRam01

VRam01 Newbie

Truck:
    77 Toyota pickup longbed
    Thanks for the help!!! It work perfectly:applause: