front axels or brakes locking up ?

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by Elhuaraches, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Elhuaraches

Elhuaraches Member

Truck:
    1984 Toyota Hilux 4x4
    Not sure why or how but it happened but im parked on a driveway with a decline normally when i relese my ebrake and have it on nuetral it rolls back well today it doesnt, i gave it gas and it sounded like something upfront was locked up or stuck happened both on 1st and reverse but i didnt force it too much because im not trying to break anything specially if its related to the .axel. i had driven my truck yesterday and it was fine till this morning. Last night i did rotate all my tires not sure if that could have been a factor, maybe because i jacked up my truck from the front axel? Previous issues related to the axel is a leak due to the seals but ive had my locks on free so im kinfa lost here. Please if someone knows whats my issue let me knoe thanks

2. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    If you're convinced its up front, I would start by jacking up each front wheel and seeing if they spin freely...

I would think maybe your ebrake is stuck/a brake shoe is wedged/wheel cylinder popped out and is bound, etc.

Start up front i guess...

Did you remove your wheel chocks? lol

3. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    Since you're 4x4...I would check your hubs and make sure your transfer case shifter is where it needs to be?

4. Elhuaraches

Elhuaraches Member

Truck:
    1984 Toyota Hilux 4x4
    Wheel chocks ?

5. Elhuaraches

Elhuaraches Member

Truck:
    1984 Toyota Hilux 4x4
    Well seems like my front right tire is the one that is stuck i wonder why but im a take of the tire and see what went wrong cuz its weird

6. Elhuaraches

Elhuaraches Member

Truck:
    1984 Toyota Hilux 4x4
    Well i feel stupid but the culprit was the wheel not making good clearance. Its weird tho its a toyota 6 lug wheel all my other wheels are diamond stealies