friewall

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by 91baggedyota, Dec 8, 2007.

1. 91baggedyota

91baggedyota Newbie

im gonna be bagging my truck here soon.. i know all about doing the back but im not 100% sure on how to go about the front setup. also im gonna be running 18's, do i need to tub the firewall if i plan on bodydropping it to the rocker? any help would be appriciated. thanks

2. 91HiLux

91HiLux Enthusiast

Truck:
    1991 Toyota HiLux 4x4 RN101
    I hope your not going to cut up the cab to lay on the rocker... Best thing to do is modify the frame, and dont cut up the cab and raise the floor board (as doing that is the cheap way of doing a body drop, and dumb!) The smart way is to make the frame shorter height wise and reinforce it! You will be very happy to do it that way! Leave the cab as stock as possible, makes for a cleaner look, and overall better way to modify a Toyota!

3. 91baggedyota

91baggedyota Newbie

i was kinda thinking of channeling the the cab for the framerails... like they did in the mini truckin magazine. ive looked up about it and in other magazines they show good info on it, so i might do it that way. also they say its nicer, easier and less noticeable that a sfbd...but im not too sure yet, im a little ways away from the bodydrop

4. skip

skip Enthusiast

Truck:
    1992 std cab, 1986 std cab
    its not a cheap way of doing it at all! its just easier and alot more common. and if you dont know what your doing when you start cutting your frame you can ruin your whole truck quick!!! SFBDs should not be done by people with out really good fab skills