Electric window wirring??

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by pitbull04, Apr 21, 2008.

1. pitbull04

pitbull04 Newbie

Hi guys, new to forum so if im in the wrong place-sorry
    anyway Im from New Zealand and have a 87 xtra cab 2wd which i have fitted 4x4 front gaurds and doors(as quarter glass area rusted out) I now have the electric windows and power door locks, I have wired up the door locks up to my alarm so they work but am unsure of the wirring for the window switches as they work off a reverse polarity type switch i think. Has anyone struck this or have an easy fix, THANKS:confused:

2. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1987 Toyota 2wd JT4RN50 Airbagged custom
    Welcome

Ahh, we wont hate on ya, its kewl! Thanks for joining and welcome to toyotaminis! Feel free to continue your maintenance questions for your year of mini here. I dont have any window information for you " I'm Sorry " but, I did want to take the time to welcome you to the site!

:)

3. ChOpPeD~N~DROPped

ChOpPeD~N~DROPped Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 Extended cab
    Don't you have to run relays when you wire up power windows?

4. pitbull04

pitbull04 Newbie

Yes, but the relays are just to supply power. The power window motor only has two wires. power 1 and earth other window goes up swap power and earth and window goes down sounds easy if you have an external switch but i have the original switch with approx 10-12 wires comming out of. Does anyone have a wiring diagram of the 4runner/surf widow switch??:confused:

5. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    I have 4Runner doors on my 88,with the power,windows,locks & mirrors. I used all the relays from the 4Runner & the two circuit breakers that are @ the in cab fuse box. e-mail me & I'll send you a wiring diagram from the Toyota Electrical book. The relay has a timer switch built into it so within 90 sec after the key is off no power to the windows. All wired up easy enough,used all same Ga. wire & made up new loams.:cool:

Gary /Truck Action