Drop thoughts?

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by Pickup, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Pickup

Pickup Newbie

94 base standard cab
    I have gathered all the parts to drop 4/5. Rust has been slowing me down a bit and I gave up and snapped my U-bolts with 2in blocks attached. I was planning on using them along with my 3in street edge leafs. Would put me at 5 and what I've gathered is about the max for the rear without notching the frame, and I may have to notch still...
    I can't even get the front leaf bolt out (it spins so it's loose, but I'm probably going to have to cut through it and the leaf) which is okay because I have the new leafs.
    I have spun loose the big bolts on the front of the t-bars, but that's it for the front so far.
    There is so much rust, and I know the control arms are going to be a PITA. I'm considering just putting in the leafs and leaving the front alone. I have flipped the ball joints, and can still play with torsion adjustment. Fortunately not too rusty there.
    Or I continue to plug at it, break shit and finish the install with all new poly bushings and DJM arms up front. I'm sure I could adjust 4-5 inches worth of low, but would put me to the point of not being able to align properly (from what I've read)

What would you do?

2. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    How rusted is the frame?

3. Pickup

Pickup Newbie

check out my thread in the build section. saving the pickup