Draggin' the dragon

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DragginSlayer, Nov 10, 2016.

1. DragginSlayer

DragginSlayer Newbie

Truck:
    1991 Toyota Xtra cab 2wd
    Wossup, everyone! My name is Jason. I started minitruckin' back in 1993 with a '93 B2200 and got out when I sold it in '99. I also had a '91 B2200 and a '87 Astro during that time frame. I always loved the yotas back then, so I bought a '91 2wd xtra cab back in May. It's in pretty rough shape, but i do have BIG plans for it! lol.

I had always dreamed of that smoothed baby bottom SR5, body dropped on some big rims, but the body on this truck is fubar, so I'm going to go in a "rat rod" style with it- hence the title of this thread and my username. It's currently sitting on a set of 18's, but will be sitting on 20's if body dropped or maybe 22's if we only go frame with it. I've been searching for the best bag setup to use. Accuair seems to be great, but too much for something I'm gonna drive once every few weeks. Any suggestions on that would be appreciated! 5.1.16-2.jpg 5.1.16-3.jpg

I've got plenty of dreams and time, so we'll see how this thing turns out! The Texas summer is over, so maybe I can get some mods done to it over the winter.

2. twizted1

twizted1 Addict

Truck:
    '89 xcab 2wd
    rite on, sounds like a good plan. cant wait to see some progress. welcome to ToyotaMInis,look around there is a ton of info on here!! keep the pics coming!!

3. DragginSlayer

DragginSlayer Newbie

Truck:
    1991 Toyota Xtra cab 2wd
  4. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    sounds like a great plan! Welcome to TN!!!

5. DragginSlayer

DragginSlayer Newbie

Truck:
    1991 Toyota Xtra cab 2wd
    Thank you, sir!