Dash help!

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by toyotaduck, Aug 28, 2016.

1. toyotaduck

toyotaduck Newbie

Truck:
    93 single
    Hey! I have a 1993 Toyota pickup. I bought the truck in 2001 with 52k miles on it. It has been my daily driver for 15 years. I now have 349k and I want to bring it back to life. I broke the trim piece on my dash over the instrument cluster a few years ago and am having trouble finding a replacement. All the parts trucks I can find have these broken also. My web search for an aftermarket source has only turned up Coverlay. I am unfamiliar with them and I am not sure if this product will be what I need. Any suggestions on sources out there?

2. 90DailyDriven

90DailyDriven Veteran

Truck:
    90 standard cab 2wd short bed
    Have you called your local dealership? Might cost a bit but from what i remember its still available.

3. KingBouyah

KingBouyah Member

I have the same problem. It's all either wrong color, already broken, or single piece dash pad (most with cracks).

That and there's two wrecking lots near me. One has about 10 each of pickups and 4runners, but they haven't refreshed their inventory in a number of months. The other had a few 4runners and 1 pickup when I first looked, but they only hang on to a vehicle for about 3-4 weeks before they bring in something new, so when I went back, they were all gone.

I'm seriously considering picking up one of the single piece dash pads, cracked or not, and wrapping it with something because not only is the dash trim above the gauge cluster broken, but mine rattles bad enough to sound like a helicopter when I idle. I looked at it when I took the dash apart, and it looks like some of the mounting points are broken and the PO had shoved a shop towel up in there to keep it from rattling so much. I figure it might be worth just changing out the whole dash, then.

4. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    yea its hard to find a dashboard that is not cracked at the junkyards.

5. KingBouyah

KingBouyah Member

toyotaduck, what color are you looking for. A good one with gray interior just turned up in the salvage yard here if you want me to snag it for you. If you do, send me a message and I'll let you know prices. I'm in Ogden, UT if you need to calculate shipping.