Damm Damm Damm what luck !!

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by 22R88, Jun 18, 2013.

1. 22R88

22R88 Veteran

Truck:
    1988 Reg Cab Deluxe RN50
    Went to the junkyard today and found a set of Bucket seats in a 1995 4runner. I thought that they would bolt right into my 88 PU but the brackets are off a little. I could adapt them but mine look good I was just looking for more comfort. Thing is these were covered in upholstery plastic so the fabric looks new with no damage. May try to swap them for some other kind of buckets as they are probably better than my 84-88 buckets for comfort but not worth the hassle if fighting the brackets.....I thought sure that they would go right in ! Picked up the center console for the floor to

22R88

2. raylcc

raylcc Addict

Truck:
    89 Regular Cab. The weirdo with the stock suspension.
    Are you trying to use the new seat brackets on the floor or trying to mount your old seat brackets on the new seats? If you are using the the new seats with new brackets, you might try to see if the old seat brackets will fit on the new seat. Its worth a shot.

3. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    And it's only a few holes to drills. Get some big washers on the nuts and bolts. Seat swaps are pretty simple.

4. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    They should go in!
    If you have to drill new holes ,weld the nuts into the floor,so no need to get under the truck.
    Bucket seats from a SR5 are very nice & should bolt right in!!:cool:

5. 22R88

22R88 Veteran

Truck:
    1988 Reg Cab Deluxe RN50
    The brackets look and style are identical but the two front holes on my current bucket is like 17 and 1/4" center to center and the 4runner buckets are like 16 and 3/4 or so. I really don't wanna drill new holes and stuff. My current seats look like new too so I am hard pressed to work too hard on this. Probably will try to sell the 4runner buckets locally after I consider it for a while. Thanks for the tips Guys.

22R88

6. 85pickamatruck

85pickamatruck Veteran

Truck:
    85' Base
    Well if your not willing to make any modifications then your NOT going to find a bucket seat that will "bolt in"

Like the others said, its really easy to drill new holes. With VERY little modifications and 2 new holes I had new leather 7-way adjustable heated seats from a new Audi. I didnt even went the nuts to the bottom of the truck like was suggested. I just ran two bolts into the floor with washers and lock-washers. The job took about 2 hours tops.

7. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    If you are unwilling to do the most minor of modification to bolt in a nicer set of seats then you should pass them on to someone who is willing to do it. Then punch yourself in the crotch for being a sally about it. :nana:

8. 93_Toy_Mini

93_Toy_Mini Addict

Truck:
    93 Reg Cab Pickup
    Very, easy to do. I had to modify my 60/40 to bolt into my standard cab. It's in my build thread.

9. yota4life

yota4life Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1991 xcab 2wd 4cyl
    Got pics of your seats?

10. 22R88

22R88 Veteran

Truck:
    1988 Reg Cab Deluxe RN50
  11. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    If the old seats look better to you then why did you buy the new ones? :lol:

12. 22R88

22R88 Veteran

Truck:
    1988 Reg Cab Deluxe RN50
    Did you read the original post ?? Thought that they would be more comfortable than my 84-88 style.

13. 85pickamatruck

85pickamatruck Veteran

Truck:
    85' Base
    This was right after I put in new black carpet, painted my dash black, added the seats and then also painted the cab behind my seats.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I picked these up on craigslist on $125 for the pair. All I did was watch craigslist for a BMW, Mercedes, Audi for anyone parting out a wrecked vehicle. I ran a 12v circuit to both of the seats so I was able to retain all the power options plus the heated butt warmer. If I felt inclined I could have hooked up the side airbags if my truck came with them.

14. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    I like those alot. I want something similar in mine. Maybe a touch more sport styled. Those look super cushy tho.

15. Chucky

Chucky Enthusiast

Truck:
    88 pickup reg cab,82 sr5 long bed,93 reg cab sr5
    Ok just got factory brown seats out an 87 ex cab with dark brown dash. Looking to bolt in factory location . And there's holes with threads in it already :) I don't like drilling . Unlike my 93 which I'm keeping the bench seat!