cutting up and rebuilding an intake manifold...pics.

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by standardbyker88, Jan 4, 2010.

1. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    so i was brainstorming with my dad, and we both agreed that with the water crossover on the bottom of the intake, and the thermostat sitting above the intake runners, that its effecting the air intake temp. so, im in the process of cutting off that and relocationg it out and away a bit. im also going to port it like my current intake, and probably weld the weber adapter into the stock intake to save having to use that 2 part adapter. im also going to smooth out all the casting flash and extra mounts/shape. i dont know if ill polish it up or if ill glass bead it right now. ill get to welding this thing up soon.

general shape and placement
    [​IMG]

close up of that. i want to have the air and water runners not touch much in the middle.
    [​IMG]

did the rough smooth out on the back
    [​IMG]

2. IBeSeeN

IBeSeeN Addict

Truck:
    89 Toyota
    ok i guess i am confused on how ur going to setup that up where are you going to weld that tstat housing???

3. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    maybe i wasnt clear enough. i will use aluminum plate and fill in the spaces that arent there. to basically build a 5th runner for the water line. it also will not go under the intake anymore. the plate will all be ground down and blended so it looks like it was done that way originally. and the other little mounts/bosses and things will be ground off as well. this was only about an hour with a sawzall and a grinder. i need to do more cutting and grinding. and get to my buddies shop to do the welding.