converting efi to carb

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by yota89, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Kirk

Kirk Member

Ok I'm going up to my truck tmrw gonna get my windcreen installed was getting some body work done to it so I'm gonna take some pics and a show u guys what's up

2. Kirk

Kirk Member

Well today found out I had 2 leaks one on the part where the 4 little vacume lines hook up to the throttle body and another was between the the buttom where the injectors sit and the top efi dont know what you guys call section of it. I got to fix one leak and it was running way better, way more stable than it was before.tmrw I'll fix the next leak I also 're installed the cam off of the carb engine and it was fine so whether carb or efi they are the same no difference

3. Kirk

Kirk Member

Well today found out I had 2 leaks one on the part where the 4 little vacume lines hook up to the throttle body and another was between the the buttom where the injectors sit and the top efi dont know what you guys call section of it. I got to fix one leak and it was running way better, way more stable than it was before.tmrw I'll fix the next leak I also 're installed the cam off of the carb engine and it was fine so whether carb or efi they are the same no difference View attachment 18074 View attachment 18074

4. Kirk

Kirk Member

I couldn't find the backup light line so I had to run it otherwise and there are 2 huge wires in the bunch I guess those wires r the neutral switch wires so I think I'm gonna have to put a relay on that am I right guys

5. Kirk

Kirk Member

Hey guys what's up,I found out that when my engine is idling and i pull plug wire of num 1 or num 2 plug it barely makes a difference but when I go to 3and4 it's a big difference the rims drop dramatically for only those 2, 3 and 4 but 1 and 2 almost does nothing I know the plugs are firing so was wondering if it could be the injectors gone bad or something