Control arms vs. Spindles

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by 93Yoter, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Synyster

Synyster Enthusiast

Truck:
    08 xB and 97 Tacoma std cab
    not sure on shocks but i do have an opinion on the irs. the supra irs is going to be a major pita to mount. it requires basically building new upper and lower control arms and shortening drive axles. it is way to wide in stock form. your best option is to run an rx-7 rear. i forget the years though for the rx-7 rear. it shares the same lug pattern also so you wouldnt have to buy new wheels. using either one though will require serious modifications to the rear frame rails though. not trying to discourage you but just letting you know its going to be some major work.

2. Twisted Minis

Twisted Minis Addict

Truck:
    1980 Toyota
    The drop spindles actually do affect the geometry a bit. Not everything is perfectly placed. The arms would probably keep better geometry than spindles.

3. Synyster

Synyster Enthusiast

Truck:
    08 xB and 97 Tacoma std cab
    true, I'm used to coil sprung front suspensions. this is the first torsion mini i have dealt with LOL

4. CarbonRevo

CarbonRevo Member

My only gripe about the arms, is my steering throw sucks like none other now. I always find myself having to back up and re-try turns that I could previously make.

93yoter-

No guarantee the car will come this summer, but somtime during senior year. Really the way it works around here is, if my parents buy something for me, and I sell it...I get the money. So, if my dad buys the wheels, I'll get some of the money when I sell them. Really what it boils down to, is my dad is trying to get me to make my truck nice and get so into the truck, that I can't back out and get a Porsche. He wants to do body work, and if I invest in new sheetmetal, it'll need painted and that will eat up my Porsche funds. He doesn't want me to get a new car, so he thinks if he buys me stuff for my truck...it'll make me keep it. Little does he know... lol

5. 93Yoter

93Yoter Addict

Truck:
    93 std. cab deluxe
    Anyone else have some ideas on irs I'm very interested in doing that.