Complete 85 extended chassis/running gear

Discussion in 'Parts and Accessories' started by Animalguy, May 30, 2017.

1. Animalguy

Animalguy Member

Truck:
    1985 Extended Cab 2WD SR5
    I am going to be taking the body off my truck soon and the complete rolling chassis, drivetrain and wiring harness with computer will be for sale.

I have had the truck for the last 3 years. When I bought it it had been sitting for 10 years and needed a bunch of the usual parts to get going. it had 148K miles on it when I had bought it

This is a 1985 Extended cab 2 wheel drive. the engine runs but has been using a little water over the past couple months. I suspect the head gasket. It has 160K miles on it. When I had bought it it was in need of a front cover so I replaced them with a kit with cam chain and heavy duty guides. I also replaced the EGR valve, fuel pressure regulator, fan clutch and fan, coil, Harmonic balancer, idler pulleys, and since the pan was off I had a set of rod bearings I put in.

The trans has no issues and has a new clutch master and slave cylinder.

On the chassis I replaced the shocks, fuel tank and pump, rear brake cylinders, steering damper. I also have a new driveshaft mid bearing that has not been installed yet. I will also be removing all of the A/C. The compressor is shot but the system is complete. The brake master was also replaced, the radiator will go with it too. It is rolling on some OG Riken mesh wheels.

I will also be taking out some of the interior parts like the tilt column, Some of the trim parts, It does have delay wipers, A/C. The seats are less than fair. The SR5 gauges will be included. The stock jack and handles will be included

At this time I would love to sell the whole package to someone. It would be a great place to start if you are building a street truck or converting a truck to EFI. I would like to get $1000.00 for everything as it is. If I fix the head gasket it will be more.

It can be driven right now, I plan on taking the body off within the month.

It is a solid California truck, no rust what so ever, Its located in Los Angeles (North Hollywood)

Vince

661-607-3125

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    What size are the wheels?

3. Animalguy

Animalguy Member

Truck:
    1985 Extended Cab 2WD SR5
    The wheels are 15X7 if I remember correctly.