Clutch pedal stuck 1984 mini

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by One ton, Jul 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. One ton

One ton Newbie

So my 1984 mini had been sitting for a year and now the clutch pedal is stuck (stiff / frozen) and won't depress. I didn't want it to roll so I had it in reverse so now the gear shift also won't return to neutral. Probably not the smartest thing to do but this is the situation... any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

2. fred heath

fred heath Addict

Truck:
    1978 Toyota Galavan Motorhome.
    If you have the hydraulic slave cylinder, you can climb under the truck and manually depress the clutch arm. This should allow you to shift the transmission into neutral.
    Clutches don't normally freeze up. If you can't get the arm to move, its something in the clutch.
    Or, somehow moisture got inside the slave cylinder and rusted it shut. Or, there's something physically keeping the pedal from moving.

3. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    What Fred said, but I would try to roll the truck back and forth to relieve pressure on the shifter to get it out of gear.

Then block the wheels and pop the bleeder on the slave. If the pedal goes down the slave might be siezed. If it doesn't its the master. If both slave and master are functional...the clutch would be suspect.

4. One ton

One ton Newbie

You guys are awesome. It was the slave cylinder. $12.99 for a new one and I'm back in business! Thank you both!

5. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    Glad you got it!