carb issues

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by glitchinq, Jan 31, 2016.

1. glitchinq

glitchinq Member

spun out on ice and hit a patch of pavement and ever since the truck wants to just die like its not getting gas or something. if im not moving i can keep it idling but once i drive it and warm it up it just bogs down and dies if i dont get it gas. i have a weber 32/36 and this is the only issue ive ever had with it. any idea?

2. josephf786

josephf786 Newbie

When does this bogging happen, at idle only?

3. glitchinq

glitchinq Member

idle only. it hasnt really done it lately but if i rest my foot on the pedal only giving it a small amount of gas it bogs down and will die

4. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Just throwing it out there - maybe you have lower fuel pressure from blockage in fuel line/pump? As in the jolt broke something free which got sucked up. In my old Datsun I was low on gas and took a turn way too hard - splashed the remaining gas and sucked up sediment and acted similar to what you described.

5. glitchinq

glitchinq Member

that might be the issue and i definitely will look into it in the morning. but today i had the truck running alright idling good and then i smack a huge bump and it wants to run like crap again. i changed out my fuel filter today and cleaned my idle jet again and it ran alright but later in the day after i got it driving around it just wants to die at idle. its very easy to tell when it wants to die too. like i will be shifting and the RPMs will drop very fast...