Cai

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by madstriker, Oct 15, 2015.

1. madstriker

madstriker Member

Truck:
    2008 Toyota Tacoma
    I am planning to install a Cold Air Intake on my 2003 Toyota Tacoma. Will it really improve the horse power and fuel efficiency of my truck? Please help.

2. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Any & all combustion engines will benefit from get more air in & getting the exhaust gases out faster!!
    The only concern is if you have smog checks are the items you install legal !! :cool:

3. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    debatable. they may flow a little better, but they for sure don't filter better than a paper filter. also most "cold air" intakes just pull hot air from the engine compartment, but some do actually have baffles and funnels to get the colder air from outside. unless you are also doing the exhaust I'd say you might even lose fuel efficiency because you'll be addicted to the new beefier sound and will want to give it more gas, also more air=more fuel.

4. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Yes most of what I see labeled Cold Air Intake's are drawing the hot air from the engine bay as the filter is hanging open in that area!!
    The correct way is to draw air from outside the engine bay!!
    And use a very efficient filter like a K & N !!
    This how I set maine up,draws cold air from outside the engine bay from two points,the side from under the wheel well & from the front and under the revised cone K&N filter!!:cool:

Attached Files: