Broken Door Glass, NEED HELP!

Discussion in 'Exterior/Body' started by hambler, Apr 30, 2018.

1. hambler

hambler Member

Truck:
    '74 hilux short bed
    So after spending the weekend restoring the paint on my truck (see my build thread, #harrybuildsahilux) and enjoying that it is finally a presentable truck, I woke up this Monday morning to a broken drivers door glass. Not really sure what happened, there was a small hole in it and my neighbor was suspiciously too quick to offer information, but not much I can do about that.

My problem is that I can't find glass for this truck anywhere online, used or new. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Keep checking all wreaks all over the country,google search the part, it may pop up on e-bay Craigs list

3. hambler

hambler Member

Truck:
    '74 hilux short bed
    I think I found some on car-part.com, just waiting to hear back on shipping quotes! But thank you

4. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Bummer. Looks like victim of a rock tossed by a mower or weed eater.

My FIL did the same to the side window of my 68 Oldsmobile - car went 20+ years parked outside without any damage, then two weeks into being parked at its new home my FIL was weed eating and broke out the side window with a tiny rock :doah:

5. hambler

hambler Member

Truck:
    '74 hilux short bed
    Not sure who was weed eating in the middle of the night if that's the case, I'm chalking it up to some kids with a BB gun, probably a ricochet. Got new glass coming midweek for $55 shipped.

TRUCK ACTION likes this.
  6. hambler

hambler Member

Truck:
    '74 hilux short bed
    Turns out my neighbors kid has been shooting a pellet gun at our cars in the middle of the night- one of my BMW's has damage and my housemates Jeep has damage as well :brickknock: I cant prove it's him but they are the only ones on the block with kids, my other neighbor has heard them, and the angles work out perfectly. Good thing I'm moving this month!

7. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    I'd be having a sit-down with the parents at a minimum, likely filing a police report since it's multiple vehicles now.

Likely nothing would come of this unfortunately, but I have quite an affection for my vehicles, so likely if I knew who it was I'd be "returning the favor" in some form of petty revenge.

BeardNomad, hambler and Aaron Parke like this.
  8. hambler

hambler Member

Truck:
    '74 hilux short bed
    We filed a police report, and are parking our cars where they can't hit them from their windows. I'm not one for revenge, but I am way more upset about this than last year when our house was broken into... you don't mess with someones car! That's just wrong