Blown Head Gasket???

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by Blitz, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Blitz

Blitz Enthusiast

Truck:
    It's not a Toyota
    So recently came across a truck for sale. Owner states "engine problems, water in the oil but no smoke". Was wondering first and foremost, how expensive of a repair is that? I've never had a car with this issue personally but I've heard enough water in the oil to know 9 out 10 it expect it to be BHG.

Second, If I get too curious, what should my offer be? I hate to consider it since it's the holidays and my money needs to go elsewhere but it at least is a good color and looks straight from the outside.

2. Da_Roach

Da_Roach Toyotaholic

Truck:
    (1) 92 RN80 (1) 2002 RZN150
    To fix it cheap with you doing the labor around $350. to do it right and clean everything up around $600ish. engnbldr sells a kit you will need. i always say if your gonna do it..do it right. machine the head, clean the intake manifold, replace the timing chain and clean the top of the block and pistons. replace the water pump and maybe the timing cover if needed. if its a standard cab and clean and straight around $1000-$1500.extra cab $1200-$1700. that is prices for the northern va area. not sure about down south. photos or a link to the add would also help us on price.

3. Blitz

Blitz Enthusiast

Truck:
    It's not a Toyota
    Damn. I guess I'd be SOL. Never taken on that big of a task. Link shortly.

4. Blitz

Blitz Enthusiast

Truck:
    It's not a Toyota
    Must've got snatched up. Ad is taken down. Was a clean grey 94, one pic, no visual issues outside, 5 spd, $1800 obo. All moot.