Blinker problem need helP

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by HIyota, Apr 23, 2012.

1. HIyota

HIyota Member

Truck:
    1980 toy
    Hi so I have a1980 Toyota pick up and I decided I wanted brighter blinkers so I made 2 inch fog lights as my blinkers but the passenger side blinks fine but the driver side blinks then pauses then blinks again or sumtimes it just dosnt blink can some one please help me:confused::shrug:

2. Funcrazy1

Funcrazy1 Member

Truck:
    1983 Toyota 2wd Short
    You check blinker fluid level? Just kidding got all good connections to the wires?

3. HIyota

HIyota Member

Truck:
    1980 toy
    Haha I was confused haha but yah connections are good but just today the bulb blew so I replaced it nd now wen I put it on left turn signal it goes on and stays on it dosnt blink just stays

4. HIyota

HIyota Member

Truck:
    1980 toy
    haha found it out turns out to be that the bulb blew so wen i replaced it the bulb i used dosnt take enough power so it dosnt blink sumtin confusing like that

5. Hazard

Hazard Member

Truck:
    '77 Pickup (automatic)
    Yep. Older blinker circuits tend to be load-based. What this means is that the timing "fuse" only resets if it gets hot enough. The only way for it to get hot enough is for a certain amount of voltage to pass through. If not enough load is on the circuit, it will tend not to reset for another cycle. my brother had the same issue on his 80's dodge dakota when he tried using LED blinkers.